ADVERTISEMENT

Updates on a few recruits

Sec.112

Jun 17, 2001
I did a little poking around to see where things might stand and what's next. Outside of direct comments, at this point, I think official visits offer some of the only insight.

Here's the upcoming official visit schedule for the 2019 class who seem to be NU's top targets.

Maceo Austin
Duquense - 9/13
NU - 9/22
PSU - this weekend

VCU was also one of his final four, but I can't find a date for a visit. VCU message board says he doesn't have one scheduled.

Austin told a reporter he hopes to commit on his birthday, October 4.

Robbie Beran
Georgia Tech - first weekend in September
NU - this weekend. Also took an unofficial in August.
Boston College - 247 reports BC was going to be one of his official visits in September, but I haven't seen it. Seems like he's going to fit it in somewhere.
Virginia Tech - One of his final four, but no sign of an official visit. He took an unofficial visit in August.

Beran has also taken a slew of unofficial visits, so it might not matter what schools he "officially" visits.

According to his high school coach on 9/20, Beran hopes to make a choice by mid-October.

Yavuz Gultekin
NU - 10/12
Minnesota - 247 reports 10/26. But maybe this is the weekend for the Georgetown visit. Georgetown is one of his reported finalists, not Minnesota.
TCU - 11/2
Nebraska - 11/9

Jared Jones
NU - 9/14
Wake Forest - 9/21
Georgia - 9/29
Minnesota - 10/6
Miss St - 10/27

Jones has also had in-homes with NU, Minnesota, Miss. St., and South Carolina.

Thanks for the update. Really surprised that Jones hasn't committed yet. Don't know if there's anything to read into that.

Feeling good about Beran.

I did a little poking around to see where things might stand and what's next. Outside of direct comments, at this point, I think official visits offer some of the only insight.

Here's the upcoming official visit schedule for the 2019 class who seem to be NU's top targets.

Maceo Austin
Duquense - 9/13
NU - 9/22
PSU - this weekend

VCU was also one of his final four, but I can't find a date for a visit. VCU message board says he doesn't have one scheduled.

Austin told a reporter he hopes to commit on his birthday, October 4.

Robbie Beran
Georgia Tech - first weekend in September
NU - this weekend. Also took an unofficial in August.
Boston College - 247 reports BC was going to be one of his official visits in September, but I haven't seen it. Seems like he's going to fit it in somewhere.
Virginia Tech - One of his final four, but no sign of an official visit. He took an unofficial visit in August.

Beran has also taken a slew of unofficial visits, so it might not matter what schools he "officially" visits.

According to his high school coach on 9/20, Beran hopes to make a choice by mid-October.

Yavuz Gultekin
NU - 10/12
Minnesota - 247 reports 10/26. But maybe this is the weekend for the Georgetown visit. Georgetown is one of his reported finalists, not Minnesota.
TCU - 11/2
Nebraska - 11/9

Jared Jones
NU - 9/14
Wake Forest - 9/21
Georgia - 9/29
Minnesota - 10/6
Miss St - 10/27

Jones has also had in-homes with NU, Minnesota, Miss. St., and South Carolina.

If we get 3 out of these 4 as Mr. H. Jablowme predicts, especially including Beran, this will be a very good class.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Getting all four of these guys, on top of Buie, would be nothing short of spectacular. They basically cover all five positions among themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT