ADVERTISEMENT

W. soccer beat #15 marquette at their place ... 1-1-1 overall

The 2-2 tie against ND was an exhibition, so it's not part of their overall record. Still, I'm looking forward to this team, and will try to get out to the home opener tomorrow night against UIC.

you are correct - i read the "neutral" on the offical schedule and thought draw, not that the match was played on a neutral field

It wasn't played on a neutral field, it was at home on the lake. It did FEEL a bit like a neutral site, with large helping of ND fans in attendance. I'm not sure why they put it that way at the top of the schedule page.

Still, it was just a good ol' exhibition before the regular season started. Both teams made a lot of subs -- I think the Cats used 3 goalies in the game.

This post was edited on 8/27 10:35 AM by Chicago Josh

The Notre Dame exhibition reminded me quite a bit of the US collapse against Portugal.

But then tonight, the 'Cats were out in full force for a 6-0 dousing of the Flames. Biggest blowout in a soccer-style sport that I have seen since an 8-0 field hockey drubbing of Missouri State in 2009.

(Well, not quite. My intramural floor hockey team was on the wrong end of 8-0, 12-0, and 7-1 margins this year.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT