ADVERTISEMENT

WBB BIG TEN CHAMPIONS!

ER-IhtBWkAE_Tuv

Now on to Indy to get more hardware.
While Northwestern women had a great year, it is crazy to say Big Ten Champions yet. Nothing against the Wildcats but let's wait for my 7th ranked Maryland Terrapins to play Minnesota tomorrow before posting this.

While Northwestern women had a great year, it is crazy to say Big Ten Champions yet. Nothing against the Wildcats but let's wait for my 7th ranked Maryland Terrapins to play Minnesota tomorrow before posting this.
Wrong! They are Big Ten Champions. The only issue to be decided tomorrow is whether they share the championship with Maryland or have the championship all to themselves.

Reactions: Inovacat

The conference literally gave them the trophy today. Terps can tie if they win tomorrow and make it co-champs. But a title is a title.

They are still BTC regardless. The only question is if they share the title or not

Considering we won shared football titles in 96 and 00 I'm rather surprised people wouldn't realize women's b-ball took the title today.

Reactions: rmndcat
That was such a fun game to attend! The ball movement was incredible with flashes to the high-post with multiple pass options. What a fun team to watch! I am bummed I will be out of town the first week of the tourney.

Reactions: haywood jahblowme
If Maryland loses, that would be the biggest upset of the year.
And yes, sharing a championship counts.
I hope we get the chance to have our rubber match vs. Maryland.

Re: seeding in WBB Big10 Tournament. Just curious, because I don’t think it matters, but if Maryland and NU are both 16-2 and have beaten each other once, what determines that Maryland gets the #1 seed?

Re: seeding in WBB Big10 Tournament. Just curious, because I don’t think it matters, but if Maryland and NU are both 16-2 and have beaten each other once, what determines that Maryland gets the #1 seed?
The next tie breaker is record vs the next highest team, which is Iowa. Maryland is 1-1, but we only played Iowa once, so we are 0-1.

They played a terrific game today. The ball movement was awesome. Three point shooting and big post presence. Go Lady Cats!

A little more love for the WBB Cats:

1. WRA was electric on Saturday. I couldn't get there until the start of the second quarter; by then the lower level was packed with purple. They opened up the second level for the first time ever for the overflow crowd. Student sections on both ends were packed -- better than any men's game all season. Lesson: If you win, they will come.

2. About 20 FB players and most of the MBB team were there, including coaching staff. Great to see it. Morty and Jim in the front row.

3. The team is just really fun to watch. They can beat you from inside, outside, in transition. Swarming defense with hands all over. Pulliam is a flat-out baller with a bad attitude, in a good way. Burton can do it all.

4. Great to see the seniors going out with a bang, especially starters Abi and Abby. Fan favorite Byrdy Galernik had about 40 family and friends there for her senior day, too.

5. The FB team swarmed the court at the final buzzer. The students on the other end stayed put, until Jim Phillips walked over and basically ordered them to storm the court. Funny stuff; only at Northwestern. Probably the first court-storming in the new building, correct?

6. Think about how rare a trophy presentation and net-cutting ceremony is. It's quite possible -- maybe probable -- that nobody on this board will ever see the men's team cut down the nets at WRA in their lifetimes. It would take a Barnett-level miracle. But we got to see the women do it on Saturday. Special stuff. Can't wait for the NCAAs.

7. Joe McKeown is a great guy. So happy for him.

2. About 20 FB players and most of the MBB team were there, including coaching staff. Great to see it. Morty and Jim in the front row.
Who was the FB player in the yellow pants with the great dance moves? Much better than Stevie Reese IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT