ADVERTISEMENT

West lot update

d'son d

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2007
Drove by the construction site and it appears to be the start of a high rise: deep rectangular hole surrounded by multiple drainage pipes stacked up around the fence, more like the beginning of a large swimming pool or a large basement structure. I am one of those who tailgates in the back yard across the alleyway, and had the pleasure of walking across the alley, through the parking lot to my seat in the lower "faculty ghetto" (prior seating charts had two sections for faculty identified). I can't wait to see the final "new and improved" lot: better surfacing and drainage with little of no direct access. But there is clearly a lot of construction going on. Maybe the structure on the lake is really a mirage while the true structure is here across from the stadium!
But less than 2 months and the fun begins. I wonder if the city fathers have considered widening the sidewalks to allow for the increased traffic to the porta potties now that the alley and garage doors are closed to the general public? Have to wait and see .

Do you know if they are planning on retaining any of the potholes for the sake of nostalgia? Due to his years of loyal support for northwestern athletics, I am in favor of having one large "willycat Memorial Pothole". It could be sort like a wishing well where people toss in coins and make a wish, for example, for any improvement in our kicking game .

Do you know if they are planning on retaining any of the potholes for the sake of nostalgia? Due to his years of loyal support for northwestern athletics, I am in favor of having one large "willycat Memorial Pothole". It could be sort like a wishing well where people toss in coins and make a wish, for example, for any improvement in our kicking game .
I like that!

Or to fund an open to the public spring game!

I heard that NGN will be raffling off the old potholes.

Well, if they stop right now, that would be one helluva pothole. I think they have to run that possibility by the neighbors to see if they approve since the lighting would prevent them from being seen. And we wouldn't want the neighbors left out now that they have erected a fence, limiting access to the potholes, and looking at the memorial plaque.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT