ADVERTISEMENT

What I don’t understand - why did any starters play today?

They were all at risk. If NU chooses not to try in the 4th, why try at all?
We were up 15 points.

Fitz wanted to win; he just wanted to ice it early; it's fine.

We don't need style points, who cares what the margin ended up being?

Just what does NU have in their bag of tricks that they haven't already shown in 11 prior games?

Judging by the nearly successful game plan when Gameday visited Evanston, and what we often do in bowls, I suspect we'll try some new things.

Just needed enough to get us to win #8 and secure our bowl position should we somehow lose next Saturday.
Sadly there is no such thing as bowl position. If we get beat next week, we will be jumped by numerous teams in the bowl pecking order including those we've beaten such as Iowa and MSU. Bowls can take whomever they want except those under contract to take the conference champs. It is an order of selection that the bowls have contracted.

Judging by the nearly successful game plan when Gameday visited Evanston, and what we often do in bowls, I suspect we'll try some new things.
I hope we have the "prevent the blocked punt" play that NU and UM didn't have in their bag of tricks......

Just what does NU have in their bag of tricks that they haven't already shown in 11 prior games?

I suspect you’ll see some new stuff on offense against OSU. It may not be apparent to the average fan but I am sure they will do some things formationally to confuse OSU.

Sadly there is no such thing as bowl position. If we get beat next week, we will be jumped by numerous teams in the bowl pecking order including those we've beaten such as Iowa and MSU. Bowls can take whomever they want except those under contract to take the conference champs. It is an order of selection that the bowls have contracted.

I don't care what bowl we're in this year unless it's the Rose bowl, and I suspect I'm not the only one.

They were all at risk. If NU chooses not to try in the 4th, why try at all?

Did you see the second or third to last play of the UM-OSU game? OSU had 1st and goal with about 1:40 left. I told my wife this is when you just take a knee. OSU didn’t and lost an OL to injury. He had to ride the cart off the field.
I like what Fitz did better. We won and we stayed healthy.

I don't care what bowl we're in this year unless it's the Rose bowl, and I suspect I'm not the only one.

Same here - I would take a bowl trip if it's somewhere pretty nice and convenient to visit family or friends, but otherwise, next week *is* our bowl.

Reactions: NUCat320
Did you see the second or third to last play of the UM-OSU game? OSU had 1st and goal with about 1:40 left. I told my wife this is when you just take a knee. OSU didn’t and lost an OL to injury. He had to ride the cart off the field.
It was not at the end of the game and he had been splitting time with a five star freshman Northwestern does not have that luxury.took a knew twice on the four yard line to end the game.

It was not at the end of the game and he had been splitting time with a five star freshman Northwestern does not have that luxury.took a knew twice on the four yard line to end the game.

Did you watch? It is even in the box score. 1st and goal from the 9, OSU ran the ball for 2 yards. That was the play with the injury. They then took a knee on 2nd and 3rd down to end the game.

We haven't really shown off what we can do with a complete offensive attack: CT connecting often with Nagel/Skowronek/JJ/McGowan/etc. simultaneous with Bowser going big at the same time.

What if we could have the passing attack that we had against Michigan State/Nebraska combined with the rushing attack we saw against Iowa or Wisconsin (or today, but Iowa had a much more stout front 7)?

Really feels like we've just been waiting for a day where our offense just puts everything together and erupts for 42 points against a great team.

Get some reps, stay sharp, do enough to win the game but stay healthy and don’t show anything to OSU.

I think the film is substantial on us. Don’t you think OSU knows exactly how we operate? What mystical plays or formations do you think we will dust off in Indy that we could have revealed today. Mick and Hank are too well known tendency wise. This old chestnut about not showing anything is exactly that: old. We just wanted to win simply and exert the least effort.

Nothing wrong w that though

We haven't really shown off what we can do with a complete offensive attack: CT connecting often with Nagel/Skowronek/JJ/McGowan/etc. simultaneous with Bowser going big at the same time.

What if we could have the passing attack that we had against Michigan State/Nebraska combined with the rushing attack we saw against Iowa or Wisconsin (or today, but Iowa had a much more stout front 7)?

Really feels like we've just been waiting for a day where our offense just puts everything together and erupts for 42 points against a great team.
Without the INTs

Urb confirmed today that the injured OL player (Knox) is out for the championship game. Inexcusable to not take a knee there, but you know he wanted to score another meaningless TD. He got one of his guys injured as a result.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT