ADVERTISEMENT

What will the new normal be for Northwestern sports?

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
I gotta think the sports department is hemorrhaging right now. They just spent 100 million on a basketball stadium that may not be of much use for a couple years. Then, we have the new facility on the lake. Plus, we will likely have a substantial loss of revenue if football doesn’t start as expected. I can see schools still having tennis and golf. Not sure what other sports might survive. Swimming and diving for some schools. Track at some BT schools. What will be the new normal?

I gotta think the sports department is hemorrhaging right now. They just spent 100 million on a basketball stadium that may not be of much use for a couple years. Then, we have the new facility on the lake. Plus, we will likely have a substantial loss of revenue if football doesn’t start as expected. I can see schools still having tennis and golf. Not sure what other sports might survive. Swimming and diving for some schools. Track at some BT schools. What will be the new normal?
Illinois and NJ ncaa teams will most likely be grounded due to the stance of the governors. Only hope is if the Bears pimp that idiot Pritzker. The big10 would still play even if illini, NU, and Rutgers forfeited games.

As far as NU facilities, i thought donors flipped the bill. Sure, the short term wouldnt be nice but revenue sports here has been dormant but set to rebound mightedly. We are in great shape as Trump's V shaped recovery is looking good!

Reactions: Titanium999
Illinois and NJ ncaa teams will most likely be grounded due to the stance of the governors. Only hope is if the Bears pimp that idiot Pritzker. The big10 would still play even if illini, NU, and Rutgers forfeited games.

As far as NU facilities, i thought donors flipped the bill. Sure, the short term wouldnt be nice but revenue sports here has been dormant but set to rebound mightedly. We are in great shape as Trump's V shaped recovery is looking good!
I’m not so sure! Wisconsin and Minnesota have announced major cuts to staff in the athletic department! Who knows where this road will wind down next?

Pritzker looking good and trump not!

I'm looking into my crystal ball and I see...wrassler not getting off his comfy, schmumfy couch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT