ADVERTISEMENT

What you need to know about Tennessee fans

GlideCat, VolNation isn't a closed board. It just has one more step in the registration process (Mod approval) than this site. So it takes longer, but still should be open to all who aren't spam bots or sales-software. Feel free to go register there, we've had visiting fans from, I think, every team we played this year!
Please don't invite opposing fans to that lunatic asylum known as VolNation. They will think we are all like that.

VolNation absolutely blows, mouth breathers galore. You should know, you're one of its finest products. You want to hold a real conversation with intelligent posters? Visit 8thmaxim.com. Yes, it's free as well.
8thMaxim?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

There are some decent posters about the Vols, but beware political threads. Whiny liberal asswipes for mods will ban you in a flash.

SavageOrange, your intuition for human nature is limited. Posts such as your last two in this thread do not convince people to avoid the web sites you denigrate; they only convince them to avoid any web site that you frequent.

When forming an opinion of others, people pay a whole lot more attention to what you do, and how you do it, than what you say.

SavageOrange, your intuition for human nature is limited. Posts such as your last two in this thread do not convince people to avoid the web sites you denigrate; they only convince them to avoid any web site that you frequent.

When forming an opinion of others, people pay a whole lot more attention to what you do, and how you do it, than what you say.
Freak, is that you?

You are such a pompous ass it is actually laughable.

Do you even know the origin of the 8th Maxim forum? No, you obviously do not. It is a spin-off of VolNation founded by banned members.

Go to any serious Vol board and announce you are from VolNation, and you certainly know your Vols. They will laugh you out of the place.

In the original post the numbers 1,2,3,4, and 6 sum up the VolNation crowd rather well. I am sorry that you fit in so well there. I can see where you would be right at home.

Freak, is that you?

You are such a pompous ass it is actually laughable.

Do you even know the origin of the 8th Maxim forum? No, you obviously do not. It is a spin-off of VolNation founded by banned members.

Go to any serious Vol board and announce you are from VolNation, and you certainly know your Vols. They will laugh you out of the place.

In the original post the numbers 1,2,3,4, and 6 sum up the VolNation crowd rather well. I am sorry that you fit in so well there. I can see where you would be right at home.

I don't like getting in the middle of these sorts of things, but do you not realize the hypocrisy of labeling JP "smug" while ranting on in a condescending tone yourself? Just a thought.

I see the Tennese fans are trolling again. They were insufferable on the Iowa boards until the season started. As always, I will be rooting hard for NW (and all BIG) to win.

Snobby, possibly. NU fans get that a lot. But it is also accurate. There is a much different perspective of fans that have no tie to a school except supporting the football team versus those fans that have a diploma on the wall that ties their professional reputation with the reputation of the school as a whole.

The alumni fans are more prone to worry about graduation rates, cheating scandals, and made-up degrees. While the geographical fans view the team as basically similar to a minor league pro team.

Snobby? Maybe. True? I think so.
I will say this! I spent 20 years in the ARMY and 14 years of that I was a Recruiter. I know that the kids in your state is just as Stupid as the stupid kids in TN so stop acting like you are so much better. also when you retire, keep your smart ass up north where you belong! We stupid asses will just set down here in the sunshine and watch us some TN Football!!!

I will say this! I spent 20 years in the ARMY and 14 years of that I was a Recruiter. I know that the kids in your state is just as Stupid as the stupid kids in TN so stop acting like you are so much better. also when you retire, keep your smart ass up north where you belong! We stupid asses will just set down here in the sunshine and watch us some TN Football!!!
It's funny because he lives in TN.

SavageOrangeJugs wrote: "Do you even know the origin of the 8th Maxim forum?....Go to any serious Vol board and announce you are from VolNation, and you certainly know your Vols....They will laugh you out of the place....In the original post the numbers 1,2,3,4, and 6 sum up the VolNation crowd rather well."

Cult? It all makes sense now.

If Iowa had the SEC version of the B1G schedule that they had, they might have a shot. That would mean playing in the East Division and having crossover games against only the weakest members of the West. Y'all should have won the East going away. You are clearly the best team in the division which is why I wanted to play Florida.

I am old enough to remember the pro-Big 10 bias from years ago and understand the chip the SEC had on their shoulder about it. But it has been reversed for a long time now and we now have the chip.

Iowa is still a slow team. This year, they are incredibly disciplined and well coached. Last year, they were not. Northwestern is a fast team. But we are small. We were much faster than Iowa but just could not stop them running right at us. That is why on another thread I said that I hope your coaches try to beat us on speed with a lot of wide running plays. That will put you behind the sticks after first down. I am more worried about you running between the tackles and mixing in some play action and quarterback runs (especially the quarterback runs).

Being from Tennessee and making my home there, I have a lot of fun with UT fans. It spices up my life.

You can't fix this much stupid.

The Iowa fans in Jacksonville last year loved us. We invited a crowd of them to our tailgate and shared our food and drink. Their most famous fan, Hawkeye Elvis, even stopped by.

Of course they were good people and not a whiny little girl like you.

True dat

6. If a UT fan asks for your address, don't give it. They just want to be able to mail dog feces to you if NU wins.

Wait...you know people who'd give out their home address in a public forum? And we thought you Private School-types were smart...

Purple Vandy seems like the right nickname after reading this thread. Hope to have a good game with you. Watched a few games of yours this year. I was surprised how much faster you were than I would have thought. If you can keep our back from the boundary. You may make this a great game.

I agree there are tons of fans who did not attend college. Most give us a bad name, but they're not all bad or RED. In fact, several REDs did attend college. Op's comment about being fore warned was hilarious. I'd never send anyone shat in a bag, but it was quite funny reading that. LOL.
GO VOLS!!

Snobby, possibly. NU fans get that a lot. But it is also accurate. There is a much different perspective of fans that have no tie to a school except supporting the football team versus those fans that have a diploma on the wall that ties their professional reputation with the reputation of the school as a whole.

The alumni fans are more prone to worry about graduation rates, cheating scandals, and made-up degrees. While the geographical fans view the team as basically similar to a minor league pro team.

Snobby? Maybe. True? I think so.

So by your logic, any legitimate school's fanbase should include no one roughly under the age of 22, correct? Exceptions for accelerated genius of course.

Real Tradition is born early and passed on prior to and completely separate from academic participation. The latter is typically (at least in the case of traditional football programs) a continuation of allegiance that is learned/inherited from family in the early years of childhood. This equates to the lunacy or "passion" as we like to call it and roots far deeper than a loose affiliation thru academia and a fond remembrance of new independence and frat parties.

Thanks for reminding me how bad Vanderbilt football is! I almost forgot! Fortunately baseball has been good to us and the basketball team is coming on strong. In addition I look forward to my hometown cats demolishing UcheaT come New Year's!

Meanwhile Tennessee fans are rejoicing at their first mediocre 8 win season in years, have a dumpster fire of a basketball program, an incompetent AD and a non competitive baseball team.

Lol UcheaT, very cute.

I hope for a great game from both teams! Go Vols! Go Cats!

As most of you know, I make my home in Tennessee. For the next few weeks, you are about to enter my nightmare. Some recommendations and things you should know about interacting with UT fans is as follows:

1. Most UT fans did not attend the university. An amazing number have never even been there. But they consider themselves rabid diehard fans. Until the team loses two games in a row. Then they turn on the coaches, the school, the team, and the individual players. Take the worst of the posters on this board, make it worse by a factor of 10, and then multiply by thousands of fans.
2. Like many similar teams with schools attached, these fans tend to be the ones that say boys-will-be-boys when player arrests become rampant - no matter what the charge. And get mad at the university for suspending players and would storm the gates if a star player were kicked off the team for being convicted of a major crime. Ask them about APR and they will look quizzically at you. Once you explain what it is, they will tell you that such things are for sissy schools.
3. If a Tennessee fan posts anything about "team speed," go ahead and put them on ignore. That is the mantra of the uneducated SEC fan. That means that they know nothing about the relative teams and know little about football but have heard the talking heads on television use that phrase a lot. So they must have it and whoever they play must not.
4. Uneducated SEC fans never watch teams outside of the SEC and never put any effort into learning anything about them. They just know that all other conferences are slow and inferior.
5. The fans that you meet at the game are people that will actually put effort and money into supporting their team. Enjoy them. They are the best of the best. The posters here will be a mixed bag. Some good. Some bad. The bad ones will make you look fondly on the Cal fans.
6. If a UT fan asks for your address, don't give it. They just want to be able to mail dog feces to you if NU wins.

You were warned.
"if NU wins" that is the key statement!

Well, duh. The Kings always loved their minstrels. You will provide us enjoyment for a while. And we will appreciate your clown show for what it is. Then you will be gone - and we will go back to being us, and unfortunately for you, you will go back to being you.
The most pathetic people are the ones that have to walk around with a false sense of superiority to feel good about themselves.

As most of you know, I make my home in Tennessee. For the next few weeks, you are about to enter my nightmare. Some recommendations and things you should know about interacting with UT fans is as follows:

1. Most UT fans did not attend the university. An amazing number have never even been there. But they consider themselves rabid diehard fans. Until the team loses two games in a row. Then they turn on the coaches, the school, the team, and the individual players. Take the worst of the posters on this board, make it worse by a factor of 10, and then multiply by thousands of fans.
2. Like many similar teams with schools attached, these fans tend to be the ones that say boys-will-be-boys when player arrests become rampant - no matter what the charge. And get mad at the university for suspending players and would storm the gates if a star player were kicked off the team for being convicted of a major crime. Ask them about APR and they will look quizzically at you. Once you explain what it is, they will tell you that such things are for sissy schools.
3. If a Tennessee fan posts anything about "team speed," go ahead and put them on ignore. That is the mantra of the uneducated SEC fan. That means that they know nothing about the relative teams and know little about football but have heard the talking heads on television use that phrase a lot. So they must have it and whoever they play must not.
4. Uneducated SEC fans never watch teams outside of the SEC and never put any effort into learning anything about them. They just know that all other conferences are slow and inferior.
5. The fans that you meet at the game are people that will actually put effort and money into supporting their team. Enjoy them. They are the best of the best. The posters here will be a mixed bag. Some good. Some bad. The bad ones will make you look fondly on the Cal fans.

You were warned.

I love Chicago , and love all football in general , and I'm going to The Bowl game , hopefully we'll all enjoy beer and football , some of you on here would absolutely love Knoxville as it's were I live , so peace love n football.

GBO

Reactions: Matt4RockyTop
How many of you NU posters here are 18-22 years old and living in a dorm or apartment close to campus? On another message board of another school, one of the older posters advised me to simply ignore the smart ass comments because they were coming mostly from kids in the dorms. I did and the message board experience greatly improved.

You were warned.

Please remove yourself from my beloved state

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT