ADVERTISEMENT

When should we expect announcements of coaching dismissals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overly_Invested_Cat

Sep 10, 2015
It seems like the longer these decisions drag on the more negatively they impact players' confidence in the program. In fairness to both the impacted coaches and the players, it seems like this should be done the day after a bowl win or loss. Then, the remainder of the coaching staff can begin to reassure orphaned players who have lost a position coach or coordinator.

Reactions: HailToPurple
It seems like the longer these decisions drag on the more negatively they impact players' confidence in the program. In fairness to both the impacted coaches and the players, it seems like this should be done the day after a bowl win or loss. Then, the remainder of the coaching staff can begin to reassure orphaned players who have lost a position coach or coordinator.

Exact timeline posted on the Rock.

Nothing’s happening this week anyways. It’s a dead period for recruiting and everyone’s home for the holidays. I’m guessing everyone already knows, and the announcements will be made Jan 2. Let the coaches close out the year, enjoy the holidays, and get their annual bonus (maybe). OC has already been picked is my guess. And when he comes aboard he will assemble his team on that side of the ball with Braun, with Binns probably gonna be retained (will likely need to interview with the OC). Maybe he’s already figured out who he’s bringing on board, probably people he’s been working with already. NDSU OC Tyler Roehl is the lead candidate as I keep perusing the Bisonville forums and it seems new head coach Polasek wants him to stay but he hasn’t been confirmed to stay as OC at NDSU, which suggests to me that he be gone. He’s probably a little sore for getting passed over for the head job and it probably helps us in a big way that the NDSU administration said Polasek was picked because of the experience he brought from outside of the program was a big reason for him getting the job. NU would pay him multiples of what he’s getting at NDSU and it would be a career developing move for him (almost prerequisite to one day becoming head coach at NDSU, his Alma Mater, based on Polasek’s hire). Which is fine by me if he brings QB coach Hedberg (who mentored FCS QBs Wentz and Lance into top 3 picks), his subtly creative running game, and especially a bit more of that NDSU culture. McGarigle is the new DC. Will need to replace MacPherson and new LB coach with McGarigle getting elevated. Between him and Braun may already have his guys (maybe more FCS coaches), who knows.

My guesses only, I really don’t know anything. But that’s what I would expect.

Nothing’s happening this week anyways. It’s a dead period for recruiting and everyone’s home for the holidays. I’m guessing everyone already knows, and the announcements will be made Jan 2. Let the coaches close out the year, enjoy the holidays, and get their annual bonus (maybe). OC has already been picked is my guess. And when he comes aboard he will assemble his team on that side of the ball with Braun, with Binns probably gonna be retained (will likely need to interview with the OC). Maybe he’s already figured out who he’s bringing on board, probably people he’s been working with already. NDSU OC Tyler Roehl is the lead candidate as I keep perusing the Bisonville forums and it seems new head coach Polasek wants him to stay but he hasn’t been confirmed to stay as OC at NDSU, which suggests to me that he be gone. He’s probably a little sore for getting passed over for the head job and it probably helps us in a big way that the NDSU administration said Polasek was picked because of the experience he brought from outside of the program was a big reason for him getting the job. NU would pay him multiples of what he’s getting at NDSU and it would be a career developing move for him (almost prerequisite to one day becoming head coach at NDSU, his Alma Mater, based on Polasek’s hire). Which is fine by me if he brings QB coach Hedberg (who mentored FCS QBs Wentz and Lance into top 3 picks), his subtly creative running game, and especially a bit more of that NDSU culture. McGarigle is the new DC. Will need to replace MacPherson and new LB coach with McGarigle getting elevated. Between him and Braun may already have his guys (maybe more FCS coaches), who knows.

My guesses only, I really don’t know anything. But that’s what I would expect.
I don't get it--what's the problem with MacPherson?

Probably next week at this point. If it slips until the week after, it’s most likely because we are hiring from NDSU and/or SDSU.

The next real “milestone” is the start of a recruiting contact period on January 12. The transfer window also closes January 2.

Do they have an opening or is it just conjecture because of Priebe?
I play. Hairbag isn’t dumb enough to hire and definitely wouldn’t care about the opinion of transfer benchwarmer from the worst OL in the world.

I play. Hairbag isn’t dumb enough to hire and definitely wouldn’t care about the opinion of transfer benchwarmer from the worst OL in the world.

1) Sherrone Moore is their OL coach and, while I think he is a great HC candidate, I doubt he’s getting any serious looks right now with the sign stealing situation hanging over him. Shoot, he would probably be the internal candidate of choice to replace Harbaugh if he jumps to the NFL this cycle.

2) Priebe is not a “transfer benchwarmer.” He’s a 3rd-team All-B1G player who’s started almost 30 career games. That’s valuable.

1) Sherrone Moore is their OL coach and, while I think he is a great HC candidate, I doubt he’s getting any serious looks right now with the sign stealing situation hanging over him. Shoot, he would probably be the internal candidate of choice to replace Harbaugh if he jumps to the NFL this cycle.

2) Priebe is not a “transfer benchwarmer.” He’s a 3rd-team All-B1G player who’s started almost 30 career games. That’s valuable.
Guess I should expect him to start at Michigan and anchor their OL…

• Haha
Reactions: KappaKat
Why are you being such an ass? Priebe is a good player.
If he heft like heard, I’d be simply ok with it. But making a spectacle of himself as a member of a terrible OL with a terrible OL coach makes me question his intelligence and also celebrate his departure.

I’m as far from the PPK - call me the oppo coral. I want to see success, at least improvement and undeniable effort and taking ownership for failure. I won’t defend those that feel they have earned an entitlement. That’s lazy, worthless, weak.

Josh wants to depart and take a spotlight to call for his martyr? Ok - I’ll call him out for what he is, mock his false deity and root against him.

That's small and pathetic.

If Priebe made any mistakes on his way out the door, he can chalk them up to being young and immature. The good news for him is that, he has the opportunity to grow older and gain some wisdom. A shame that you missed that opportunity.
Michigan tho!

Now I know how all of you Domer haters felt when Big Ben and BJo left.

If he heft like heard, I’d be simply ok with it. But making a spectacle of himself as a member of a terrible OL with a terrible OL coach makes me question his intelligence and also celebrate his departure.

I’m as far from the PPK - call me the oppo coral. I want to see success, at least improvement and undeniable effort and taking ownership for failure. I won’t defend those that feel they have earned an entitlement. That’s lazy, worthless, weak.

Josh wants to depart and take a spotlight to call for his martyr? Ok - I’ll call him out for what he is, mock his false deity and root against him.
Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

Michigan loses pretty much their entire starting OL. He’s got a great chance to start there.
I wonder what kind of NIL package they are offering him and other proven starters at positions of need (and I hope he gets paid commensurate with his worth as an All B1G OL).

I also wonder how strongly he considered simply just going pro. But this way he’ll lock in some earnings, get started on a master’s degree at his home state’s premier university, and live the Michigan Man experience… if that’s still a thing under Hairbag.

That's small and pathetic.

If Priebe made any mistakes on his way out the door, he can chalk them up to being young and immature. The good news for him is that, he has the opportunity to grow older and gain some wisdom. A shame that you missed that opportunity.
I’m still not clear what mistakes Priebe made, if any. He’s entitled to his freedom of speech and is an example of a 4 year success story for NU.

He was a contributor to two bowl teams and played really well when healthy.

Bajakian’s departure left much to be desired - particularly how the T shirts were somehow a topic because of him during the bowl game.

Then again, those bowl announcers left much to be desired too.

I’m still not clear what mistakes Priebe made, if any. He’s entitled to his freedom of speech and is an example of a 4 year success story for NU.

Bajakian’s departure left much to be desired - particularly how the T shirts were somehow a topic because of him during the bowl game.

Those bowl announcers were the best tandem we have had in years.

"If Priebe made any mistakes on his way out the door, he can chalk them up to being young and immature."
Feels like I walked into the room after something was said, but ...

What "mistakes" might Priebe may have made? What did I miss?

Why are people getting pissy about this? Players read these boards so let’s not get petty. Priebe was a very solid - albeit not amazing - guard for us. He played 4 years. He’s going to Michigan for 1 year. I will root for him except when it directly impacts us. He isn’t BoJo leaving like he did (and not getting his degree)…

Reactions: hoosboot

Thankfully, soon he’ll be a Michigan Man, and he’ll learn better decision making. Or something.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Feels like I walked into the room after something was said, but ...

What "mistakes" might Priebe may have made? What did I miss?
His announcement implied that he was leaving because Anderson was leaving, and, from the tone of the message, one could infer that it was tit for tat - if he leaves I'm leaving

Reactions: IGNORE2
Or maybe he took offense that the school president called him a sexual predator and a barbarian.
Could be a lot of things.

I mean, seriously, if you had your degree, why would you stay?
So, you’re saying anyone who has their NU degree but has eligibility remaining should leave? That’s ridiculous.

Reactions: corbi296
I wonder what kind of NIL package they are offering him and other proven starters at positions of need (and I hope he gets paid commensurate with his worth as an All B1G OL).

I also wonder how strongly he considered simply just going pro. But this way he’ll lock in some earnings, get started on a master’s degree at his home state’s premier university, and live the Michigan Man experience… if that’s still a thing under Hairbag.
And that would have been great if that was how he handled his departure. His need to tweet and his message is what earned my response.

He is entitled to his freedom of speech and his opinions as am I. It’s the latter that the PPK protest.

Or maybe he took offense that the school president called him a sexual predator and a barbarian.
Could be a lot of things.

I mean, seriously, if you had your degree, why would you stay?
Aha - there is a possibility. Maybe he is one of those freak car washers and expects it will come out…

Boy, I hope these cases get into discovery so the leaks can begin. If his name appears then we will most certainly revisit some of these posts.

Your posts about Priebe remind me of why I am so disgusted with Schill.

He threw the whole team into the sewer, basically sullied the reputation of everybody on the team and made wild accusations like yours permissible, if not outright supporting them.

I'm not going to be upset by what you write, although this one is pretty bad, but damn it, Schill should be held accountable.
For what it’s worth, Schill’s comments have no bearing at all on what I think of the hazing scandal.

The original reporting by Lou, Matt, ESPN, and the Athletic impacted my thoughts.

I think it’s worth calling attention to @mshelton33’s excellent column the day the suspension was announced. Absolutely prescient with regard to what would unfold over the next 72 hours.

🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉🙊

This will affect Northwestern's reputation, however. It's a bad look for the program and for Fitzgerald, who constantly touts its culture. He has been a broken record while winning just four of 24 games over the last two seasons: the buck stops with him. He takes accountability for his program, top to bottom.

Now, there's a different tune, featuring "I was not aware" and "I'm very disappointed". It is unclear from the university's statements when this incident or incidents took place, but it happened under Fitzgerald's watch. Every part of the Wildcat program is designed to his specifications, every coach and player has been brought in at his discretion. It is hard to see him not guilty of either negligence or ignorance in this matter.

At the same time, we have to hope that if the allegations were more serious, he would have served his suspension during the season, and the players involved would also have been punished.

• Love
Reactions: DaCat and IGNORE2
I think it’s worth calling attention to @mshelton33’s excellent column the day the suspension was announced. Absolutely prescient with regard to what would unfold over the next 72 hours.

🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉🙊🙈🙉🙊

This will affect Northwestern's reputation, however. It's a bad look for the program and for Fitzgerald, who constantly touts its culture. He has been a broken record while winning just four of 24 games over the last two seasons: the buck stops with him. He takes accountability for his program, top to bottom.

Now, there's a different tune, featuring "I was not aware" and "I'm very disappointed". It is unclear from the university's statements when this incident or incidents took place, but it happened under Fitzgerald's watch. Every part of the Wildcat program is designed to his specifications, every coach and player has been brought in at his discretion. It is hard to see him not guilty of either negligence or ignorance in this matter.

At the same time, we have to hope that if the allegations were more serious, he would have served his suspension during the season, and the players involved would also have been punished.
This

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT