ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the accountability in this program?

MC_Cat

May 29, 2001
2020 might as well have been 50 years ago. I judge this coaching staff on what's going on today, and as an extension from last year. Folks are just not getting it done. Yeah I wish we had better players but to lose a game like this, at home, to a team like that (that lost 64-29 to Incarnate Word a couple weeks ago), is beyond the pale. I am glad we have a new AD who isn't a crony of any current staff members. Pressure needs to be applied that losing at home to an FCS school is not okay, and never will be okay. Dear God we need a new DC so bad I wish a midseason move would happen.

2020 might as well have been 50 years ago. I judge this coaching staff on what's going on today, and as an extension from last year. Folks are just not getting it done. Yeah I wish we had better players but to lose a game like this, at home, to a team like that (that lost 64-29 to Incarnate Word a couple weeks ago), is beyond the pale. I am glad we have a new AD who isn't a crony of any current staff members. Pressure needs to be applied that losing at home to an FCS school is not okay, and never will be okay. Dear God we need a new DC so bad I wish a midseason move would happen.
Fitz will never admit the DC mistake. Maybe Dr Gragg takes him to the woodshed in off-season and forces a move.

I rather home he "promotes" JON to assistant head coach in charge of uniform design

Fitz will never admit the DC mistake. Maybe Dr Gragg takes him to the woodshed in off-season and forces a move.

I rather home he "promotes" JON to assistant head coach in charge of uniform design
I put today more on the offense than on the defense. Four turnovers, generally in a terrible part of the field, won't get it done. The D at least forced a missed FG on a short field after such a turnover at the end of the half.

Not that our D was in any way good, mind you. But if the O just held onto the damned ball, I think the D played well enough to win today.

It's just the soft coverages and poor tackling on D, and just a general sense of not being prepared, pretty much every single game since the opener last year, and the opening play of the opener at that. Just awful. 180 from Hank, and we've lost that part of our identity. Don't expect this team to be able to outscore opponents to win, other than the Nebraska game.

Fitz is making Chris Collins look good by comparison.......when will Gragg lay down the law with the football program?
No, Chris Collins has gone many consecutive years without a whiff of success. Fitz still has two Big Ten West titles in the last five seasons.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
No, Chris Collins has gone many consecutive years without a whiff of success. Fitz still has two Big Ten West titles in the last five seasons.
And a much longer track record of winning at the top level of college football.

Fitz’s leash is long, but he needs to start hiring better assistants, coordinators in particular. Hank was a home run, but has gone 1.5 out of 4 so far in that department.

Think you would need a new HC for that to happen.

And last year, the argument was two in the last four seasons, and next year, it will be two in the last six seasons.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT