ADVERTISEMENT

Where we stand post-Washington debacle

Baz=Heisman

Feb 11, 2023
The bye is well needed. We have zero margin for error now. Must beat IU next at home, Maryland on the road, Wisconsin at home and then Purdue on the road later in the season to bowl. None of the others feel winnable if we’re being honest. And this is assuming Cam plays and is Cam again. We don’t force turnovers like we did last year because of limited CB depth and our quarterbacks appear to be extremely limited.

This does not look like a team that will bowl, let’s be honest.

Maybe the bye and getting some guys healthy will rejuvenate them. We will see.

At this point I’m resigned to a 4-8 type season with the defense helping win a couple more as Lausch continues to take his lumps. I’m still not convinced he is the guy but he’s trying.

QB play 8-27 53yds 0 TD/2 int is not gonna cut it. This is about as atrocious of QB play as we have ever seen.

This does not look like a team that will bowl, let’s be honest.

Maybe the bye and getting some guys healthy will rejuvenate them. We will see.

At this point I’m resigned to a 4-8 type season with the defense helping win a couple more as Lausch continues to take his lumps. I’m still not convinced he is the guy but he’s trying.
Agree. We fought to a 7-5 season last year and that was with Bryant for most of the season. Our run is harder this year with OSU and Mich, a stronger Illinois team, probably stronger Maryland team and an Indiana scoring machine that I don’t see us keeping up with. So if Indy, Mich and OSU are almost certain losses, we absolutely have to beat Maryland again, Purdue, then 2/3 of Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois. Seems less likely than last year unless our OL gets healthier AND it just clicks for Lausch and/or Wright over the bye week.

That line is far from exclusively on the QB.
Mostly on the other units, frankly. He held the ball too long on several occasions and this was his biggest sin. Damn near double digit drops, and exactly zero quality plays made by the WR/TEs. Hard to imagine Kirtz or Johnson grades out as anything other than an F when the game film is reviewed.

Reactions: MC_Cat and Eurocat
The bye is well needed. We have zero margin for error now. Must beat IU next at home, Maryland on the road, Wisconsin at home and then Purdue on the road later in the season to bowl. None of the others feel winnable if we’re being honest. And this is assuming Cam plays and is Cam again. We don’t force turnovers like we did last year because of limited CB depth and our quarterbacks appear to be extremely limited.
IU and Maryland look really good and unless we have a divine intervention with our quarterbacks, then both will be losses. Purdue is the only team that I think is beatable of the 4 you have listed. Wisconsin is a toss up and it all hinges on vast improvement on our part. Right now I think my alma mater of EMU can beat the Cats at this point.

If Cam Porter is badly injured then NU may finish 2-10.

We knew the offense would be bad with the QB situation… and it is tough to watch without #1.

I will watch the tape instead of NFL games tomorrow. The box score is brutal.

Hopefully Porter is alright. If not, letting Tyus go to Ohio was a much bigger loss than Sullivan as @IGNORE2 predicted

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT