ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the backup quarterback next year?

DarthCat

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
After four years in the program, and never really showing anything, is Alviti really the backup in 2017, or are one of the redshirt freshman getting the job?

Based on NOTHING other than watching the players warm up pregame, I was impressed with how Smith looked throwing the ball. It seemed to rocket out of his hand. Wondering from anyone 'in the know', is Alviti really our second best quarterback going into '17, or will we maybe see someone new?

Most likely Alviti, though could always change with a graduate transfer (maybe even after spring practices if Smith seems to have an inside track on the backup spot).

Smith likely the #3, Yates as #4/emergency, Marty taking a redshirt, and Green/Kubuik continuing to run the scout team.

Why would a grad transfer come here with Thorson firmly entrenched? I don't think Alvi ti is going anywhere

He means Alviti would leave. Not someone new would come in.

Why would a grad transfer come here with Thorson firmly entrenched? I don't think Alvi ti is going anywhere

What Darth said below -- meant it could change if Alviti decides to spend his fight year elsewhere.

Most likely Alviti, though could always change with a graduate transfer (maybe even after spring practices if Smith seems to have an inside track on the backup spot).

Smith likely the #3, Yates as #4/emergency, Marty taking a redshirt, and Green/Kubuik continuing to run the scout team.
I really think you're underselling Green. At NU, we turn walk-ons into All-Americans. </s>

Reactions: LACatFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT