ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be #2 in scoring?

Who will be second in scoring for NU this year?

• Barnhizer

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Nicholson

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Berry

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Langborg

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Buie (tell us who then you think will LEAD the team in scoring!)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SmellyCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I think most of us expect Boo to lead the team in scoring. Who do you think will be the one to pick up the points that Chase Audige is leaving behind as the #2 scorer?

Last edited:
I thought Barnhizer would win this one but I didn't think it would be a blowout!

The great thing about this poll is that there is not an obvious answer. It’s not like we are a terrible team with one good player. Most people feel that this is a tournament team. The difficulty of answering this question tells us that we have some scoring depth on this roster.

The great thing about this poll is that there is not an obvious answer. It’s not like we are a terrible team with one good player. Most people feel that this is a tournament team. The difficulty of answering this question tells us that we have some scoring depth on this roster.

Yes, despite the lopsided results, I also think this is true. There will be nights that Berry, Nicholson, Langborg and maybe even a surprise name (Martinelli? Mullins?) will lead the team in scoring this year, and I'm here for it.

Plus we just need more threads around here.

Looks like a more interesting poll would be...

"We all "know" Buie will lead the Cats in scoring this year and Barnhizer will be #2, but who is going to be #3?"

Reactions: SmellyCat
Interesting no one, including me, voted for Langborg. It's hard to feel confident about his scoring when none of us has seen him play. His numbers, though, would suggest he could be #2

I now consider myself one of the most interesting people on this board for not going along with the crowd on this one. I chose Berry. I think his shooting will bounce back and, combined with his increased confidence he gained last year in his overall game, will lead to special things this year.

I now consider myself one of the most interesting people on this board for not going along with the crowd on this one. I chose Berry. I think his shooting will bounce back and, combined with his increased confidence he gained last year in his overall game, will lead to special things this year.

I almost picked Berry, which makes me interesting but still a sheep who follows the crowd.

Interesting no one, including me, voted for Langborg. It's hard to feel confident about his scoring when none of us has seen him play. His numbers, though, would suggest he could be #2
I almost didn't include him, but then I thought - well, he COULD be pretty good this year. Hopefully he's better than that other three-point shooter NU got years ago that we thought would translate well from a lower conference and then...did not.

I'm hopeful for Langborg and I think in the non-conference he will put up some big numbers.

But I suspect he will be noticed and accounted for by the conference coaches and they will make an effort at shutting him down. That shouldn't stop him, but it likely will limit his production. He strikes me as a super charged Ryan Taylor.

I'm hopeful for Langborg and I think in the non-conference he will put up some big numbers.

But I suspect he will be noticed and accounted for by the conference coaches and they will make an effort at shutting him down. That shouldn't stop him, but it likely will limit his production. He strikes me as a super charged Ryan Taylor.
Ryan Taylor missed some big shots in a couple of our early games and never got his confidence back. He was a good shooter and a pretty good athlete with good size. He played 3 seasons in the G-League. He shot over 40 percent from the NBA 3 in two of those seasons.

I liked him - he played at my actual alma mater prior to NU, and was a good kid. He just wasn't ready for the speed of games in the B1G and they didn't slow down for him during his time. That showed up a lot on the defensive end, but yeah his shooting took a hit and didn't recover.

Can I change my vote? Brooks balling out tonight!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT