ADVERTISEMENT

Who'd of thunk it?

Projected #19 on the first ridiculously early Top 25 projection for next year.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2017/05/01/2017-18-college-basketball-preseason-top-25-2/

There's a new day dawning.

It is a long season and there is no telling wether the the temporary nature of the practice facility and game venue will be a distraction or a weird lens for focus but it is sure nice to be in the conversation. It seems possible to me that we have the potential to be improved across the board.

Can Falzon be an upgrade over Lumpkin? The other guys will be older, wiser, stronger even coming of the bench. We should have more bodies available too.

It is a long season and there is no telling wether the the temporary nature of the practice facility and game venue will be a distraction or a weird lens for focus but it is sure nice to be in the conversation. It seems possible to me that we have the potential to be improved across the board.

Absent injuries (which always hit NU), the Cats should be better this season. More experience, deeper, and 3 better players replacing the graduating seniors.

While I think Falzon gets the inside track for the 4, I think we may see RI slip into the starting spot, or at least get more minutes, by B1G season. Not saying it will happen, but it would not surprise me.

I am more curious about the development of Brown and the use of Ash. I think we are thin at G still. With two bigs, Skelly (never sure if he is a better 4 or 5...) and two fours - I hope we see a 5th year transfer at the PG position.

NU had many previous seasons derailed by injuries, so I agree that BMac staying injury-free is the key for this upcoming year. It seems we have enough depth at the other positions to weather injuries, but hoping this year we don't get hit with any major ones. We have very good experience and leadership so on paper we should be contending for the B1G championship.

Reactions: phatcat
NU had many previous seasons derailed by injuries, so I agree that BMac staying injury-free is the key for this upcoming year. It seems we have enough depth at the other positions to weather injuries, but hoping this year we don't get hit with any major ones. We have very good experience and leadership so on paper we should be contending for the B1G championship.
My feeling is that Guys are prone to injury. It is not exclusive but. Mac has been durable so far.

Oh man, you did not just say that out loud over the internet!!! Jinx

I don't believe in jinxes but I should edit that I meant to say SOME guys are prone to injury and B Mac has been durable. So I Just don't think BMac is prone to injury.

I don't believe in jinxes but I should edit that I meant to say SOME guys are prone to injury and B Mac has been durable. So I Just don't think BMac is prone to injury.
Well.... we'll know who to blame now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT