ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't Justin Jackson turn pro?

JJ has a chance to go pro but I would project him to go undrafted
if he left now. I am not convinced that he can stick on a roster more than a couple years. Although his speed is improving each year, he would still be run down by LBs and DEs at the next level. He would also struggle at pass protection. Hopefully he keeps improving and can make it at the next level. One of the most slippery players out there. How often does he make the first guy miss? Like 50%? He makes this O line look good

One of JJ's greatest strengths - his durability - is also the thing that makes him less appealing as a draftable commodity. He actually had *more* carries through his first two seasons than Dayne did, though he's well behind after three seasons. So, JJ stands to increase his stock as a senior through increased productivity, while decreasing his stock because running backs are on a ticking odometer at this point.

I don't think he's an NFL back, but I think he's better than Damien Anderson, who was.

Reactions: ricko654321
JJ has a chance to go pro but I would project him to go undrafted
if he left now. I am not convinced that he can stick on a roster more than a couple years. Although his speed is improving each year, he would still be run down by LBs and DEs at the next level. He would also struggle at pass protection. Hopefully he keeps improving and can make it at the next level. One of the most slippery players out there. How often does he make the first guy miss? Like 50%? He makes this O line look good

Love JJ as a player and as a person, but I would be shocked if he stuck on an NFL roster more than a couple weeks.

Reactions: MidvaleDave
I venture to say had JJ not been dinged up in the fourth quarter against ISU, we wouldn't be mourning that loss. We had two three and outs before the game winning drive by the Redbirds and I believe Anderson had a couple of dismal runs in each series (bot sure why he and not Moten was out there then).

Because he hasn't got his degree yet (and because his NFL prospects aren't so good)

Love JJ as a player and as a person, but I would be shocked if he stuck on an NFL roster more than a couple weeks.

A lot of people (including myself) had similar doubts about his ability to play RB at a P5 school. I wouldn't bet against JJ.

A lot of people (including myself) had similar doubts about his ability to play RB at a P5 school. I wouldn't bet against JJ.

Seriously? I saw his senior year highlight film and was blown away, much like I was when I saw Tyrell Sutton's highlights for the first time. This is a sweet video...

I know JJ may not have elite measurables, but I think he will end up carving himself out a nice career at the next level.

You did? Why?

The same reasons that you quote for doubting his NFL prospects. I had doubts he was fast enough and big enough to break tackles and get through holes at the P5 college level. He did it in HS, he surprised people by doing it superbly in college and my bet is that he finds a was to be a productive player in the NFL if he wants to play in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT