ADVERTISEMENT

Why has this never been posted here before?

Looks like that was 100lbs ago
I’m not virtue signaling - or singling you out as others have made similar cracks - but what’s with all the fat shaming?

Other fanbases could look at our coaching staff or some of our former star players and make similar remarks.

I don’t like Bielema for football reasons, but as a former lineman who’s only recently gotten in the best shape of my adulthood... I can relate that it’s not always easy. Especially when you work a lot and have a family to put first.

Something like 35% of the American population struggles with obesity. Including the families of prospective recruits who might read these boards, and a lot of our fans who certainly do.

Oh, and a Happy Mother’s Day to all.

Reactions: fcmchi
I’m not virtue signaling - or singling you out as others have made similar cracks - but what’s with all the fat shaming?

Other fanbases could look at our coaching staff or some of our former star players and make similar remarks.

I don’t like Bielema for football reasons, but as a former lineman who’s only recently gotten in the best shape of my adulthood... I can relate that it’s not always easy. Especially when you work a lot and have a family to put first.

Something like 35% of the American population struggles with obesity. Including the families of prospective recruits who might read these boards, and a lot of our fans who certainly do.

Oh, and a Happy Mother’s Day to all.
I can't speak for the poster buy it's probably because he's a jerk.

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
Two thoughts:

1. I am surprised he didn't look behind him when he went down. He looked like and O-lineman blocking downfield who'd been hit from behind by his tackled running back.

2. In the words of former Nebraska Basketball Coach after his fall: "A lesser athlete would have been hurt."

KATankerous aka MizzouCat

I can't speak for the poster buy it's probably because he's a jerk.
I’m not trying to single him out as quite a few posters have made similar jabs at Bielema over his weight. He’s also a paying member so we know he’s not a flat out troll.

It just shocks me that anyone who is a fan of the game of football regularly makes fat jokes. If you take an honest look at the vast majority of offensive linemen and defensive tackles... most qualify as unhealthy or obese.

Some, like Tommy Doles, drop the weight immediately and are in good enough shape to enlist in the US Army.

Others go the opposite way. And it sucks because we love them, but I worry for the health of at least a few former teammates who are maintaining the weight- or gaining - after they’re done playing.

If you want to mock Bielema, do so because he fled Barry Alvarez and regular Rose Bowls for a sinking ship in Arkansas. Or because he was a dog in Madison. Or because he thinks he can do for Illannoy what he did for Wisconsin- which some of his former players think he can truly do.

Let’s just lay off the fat jokes.

Disappointed in all of you. Had to see it on OTE.

Not Beckman getting knocked on his ass but pretty good and may prove useful in coming years
When Lovie was first hired at Illinois I posted here that he had two chances of success, zero and none. Bret has less than that. Don't need to project a video that shows him tripping while walking has some future use.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT