ADVERTISEMENT

Why pull Hunter?

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
He isn’t the problem! No run game and a Swiss cheese defense and a few bad bounces. I like Hunter! Keep em in there

Smith was inserted into an impossible situation.
Coach has managed to damage : the self confidence of both quarterbacks.
The team’s confidence in both
The fan’s belief in either.
It wasn’t necessary to make the substitution in that situation.

Probably to keep Johnson from getting injured in a blowout.
It’s wasn’t out of reach when we pulled him. It just creates less confidence for a young QB that needs it. Our offense overall is a complete mind $&@$.

It’s wasn’t out of reach when we pulled him. It just creates less confidence for a young QB that needs it. Our offense overall is a complete mind $&@$.

I think Fitz just wanted to see what he had in Smith. It was pretty darn clear that HJ was not going to lead us to a win today (neither would have Smith).

I don't think it helps a guy to stay in and learn to be gun shy. This may be the best D we face all year and he is still learning. Why learn bad habits?

I think Fitz just wanted to see what he had in Smith. It was pretty darn clear that HJ was not going to lead us to a win today (neither would have Smith).

That's insane, what did he think he was going to see?

How much do you think Hunter regret's transferring to Northwestern right now, they pull him at every turn, no supporting cast, somehow a worse O-line than the Cushing era

Might sound crazy given his stat line, but I actually thought Hunter played well with the cards he was dealt. Snuck some throws in there I never saw Clayton or Siemian make (Kafka would make those throws). Showed some good mobility again. He has <2 seconds to throw the ball and not much to throw it too...and he's still showing how talented he is.

Why not let him get more game action? Why broadcast the fact that you have given up on the game?

Might sound crazy given his stat line, but I actually thought Hunter played well with the cards he was dealt. Snuck some throws in there I never saw Clayton or Siemian make (Kafka would make those throws). Showed some good mobility again. He has <2 seconds to throw the ball and not much to throw it too...and he's still showing how talented he is.

Why not let him get more game action? Why broadcast the fact that you have given up on the game?

Hunter was not the problem. At all.

Because if he gets hurt we are basically screwed.

HJ struggled in the 2nd and 3rd quarters when playing into the wind. He was fine in Q1. I would have like to have seen him get a series or two in Q4 with the wind at his back.

The direction of the wind was not a concern

Wasn’t that bad in the stadium.

Bigger concern is that we are absolutely F’d if Hunter gets hurt and our offense was getting manhandled.
The first FG took a left turn up in the wind and dropped almost straight down over the goal post. And our opening kickoff made it into the end zone, which clearly indicates that it was wind-aided.

Regardless, we weren't going to win the game, so probably best to get him out of there.

In the WGN postgame Coach himself said putting in Smith was analogous to bringing in a relief pitcher that can add a spark to the game.

The argument could readily be made that we are F'd anyway....
The wind was actually a pretty big factor at field level. That’s why MSU rushed to get the kick in at the end of the 3rd quarter when they could have just waited until the start of the 4th. I think it did impact McCall calling any long passes in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, not that he would anyway....

That's insane, what did he think he was going to see?

How much do you think Hunter regret's transferring to Northwestern right now, they pull him at every turn, no supporting cast, somehow a worse O-line than the Cushing era

Hunter wouldn’t be starting many other places.

Maybe just give him a blow for a series or two and put him right back in. Don't like changing QB's and think his confidence went out the window when he sat the rest of the game.

He isn’t the problem! No run game and a Swiss cheese defense and a few bad bounces. I like Hunter! Keep em in there
I disagree, Wrassler. Most of his passes were low or behind his receivers, and not due to pressure (for the most part). He needed to sit and contemplate. Just too bad there was not a better backup ready to go.

Reactions: Titanium999
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT