ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcats in the lead In woman đź‘© golf tournament

Strange to see Texas and USC well back in the pack. Anybody know? Did they send their top guns?

GOUNUII
They aren't really well back in the pack, and there are a couple of teams in the field ranked ranked higher than both of them. Texas is presently ranked 8th and USC 13th I believe.. This tournament is a big deal, and I'm sure everyone sent their top players. Hope Kelly and the 'Cats win it! Must go out and attack, not just try to hang on.

Reactions: GOUNUII
This really has been an amazing showing. I was miffed earlier this week at no NU players being in the field at the Augusta National Women's Amateur. Seeing Kelly Sim and Dianna Lee 10 shots ahead of headliners like Amari Avery (USC) makes the qualification system seem even more imperfect. If only it were like the Masters where a full field win the week before can get you in (that could be the actual case for all I know).

Last edited:
Great effort by Sim, but Hasegawa from Baylor (not in ANWA field either) shot a 68 to edge her by 1. Solo second for Sim, solo fourth for Lee, T-6 for Nguyen. Perfect week aside from Hasegawa's charge around the turn.

Great effort by Sim, but Hasegawa from Baylor (not in ANWA field either) shot a 68 to edge her by 1. Solo second for Sim, solo fourth for Lee, T-6 for Nguyen. Perfect week aside from Hasegawa's charge around the turn.
Nope, Sim tied for first with Hasegawa, and /Cats bested the field by 14 shots! Unbelievable!!:)

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
Nope, Sim tied for first with Hasegawa, and /Cats bested the field by 14 shots! Unbelievable!!:)
Wow, you're right. I didn't think I was making any type of assumption. The online leaderboard did post a 70 on her line 30 minutes, or so, ago. Birdied 18. Surprised they don't have a tiebreaker or playoff.
EDIT: I looked up ANWA qualification out of curiosity. Aside from USGA and other major amateur events, qualifications were through the Women's Amateur World Rankings. The two cutoffs are top 30, then another top 30 not already exempt. Our best players are currently around 200th.

Last edited:
Did anybody see this coming? Four players under par over 54 holes is a recipe for a lot of success and a deep run in the post season.

GOUNUII

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT