ADVERTISEMENT

Will one of the BIG elite teams win a damn bowl

TheC

May 29, 2001
OSU, PSU, Iowa and Wisconsin go down. Can Michigan save the conference some face? They actually look better than Alabama, but keep beating themselves.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
At this point I'm guessing Michigan will lose as well so all of the more Elite programs go down in flames

Turns out we probably had the best performance respective to our opponent (Utah who was ranked much of the season), with Maryland’s dominating win over Auburn also impressive. OSU, PSU and Iowa were embarrassed. Wisky would have had the most impressive win had they not choked that last drive.

Nobody does “put your heels on the ten and let anything over your head go” anymore, do they?

Michigan is a really good team. They made a lot of mistakes or they would have won handedly. Could be interesting if its an all BIG title game!

Not sure how to handle Michigan, because I think their great on-the-field performance this year may go to the history books in the NCAA's "vacated land".
I am not an expert, but the NCAA doesn't run the CFP and doesn't award the championship, so I don't think they can vacate anything won in it.

Not sure either team plays defense in this second game. What an interesting matchup next week will be no matter who wins this.

A part of me actually feels a little bit badly for Michigan players - the Conor Stallions fiasco will always be a stain on this season (and I imagine vacated wins will also hit in a few years), and yet I doubt any of the players had any idea that it was going on. What's more - the team we saw beat Ohio State, win the B1G title, and win the Rose Bowl tonight didn't need stolen signals.

The players seem to be over it - at least publicly, so I won't spend too much of my night worrying about them, but it will always be an ugly subtext in the retelling of Michigan's 2023 story.

Reactions: drewjin
A part of me actually feels a little bit badly for Michigan players - the Conor Stallions fiasco will always be a stain on this season (and I imagine vacated wins will also hit in a few years), and yet I doubt any of the players had any idea that it was going on. What's more - the team we saw beat Ohio State, win the B1G title, and win the Rose Bowl tonight didn't need stolen signals.

The players seem to be over it - at least publicly, so I won't spend too much of my night worrying about them, but it will always be an ugly subtext in the retelling of Michigan's 2023 story.
The players know they won on the field. They will be just fine no matter what happens after the games are played.

Coach hairball seemed like a normal human being in the post game interviews. Has he turned over a new leaf?

I just hope whoever wins the 2nd game beats Michigan. Their fans will be even more unbearable than they already are if they actually win a National Championship.
Why? As a former Buckeye fan that lived in MI just about my whole life, I can tell you that Buckeye fans are worse than U of M fans by a long shot. Sure U of M fans have a certain air of arrogance, but aren't quite as animated, bordering on violence as I have seen with "nut" jobs!

• Love
Penix has a great story and sure is good in interviews — both for the tv viewers and for the in-stadium crowd. He stands tall and throws it accurately. I think he’ll play his way into a first round grade. (And I’d love to see the oft-discussed Lions grab him.)

OSU, PSU, Iowa and Wisconsin go down. Can Michigan save the conference some face? They actually look better than Alabama, but keep beating themselves.
As long as we win our bowl game, I don’t really care what the other B1G elites do. By the way, next year’s schedule for us will have the defending national champ AND the runner up, no matter who wins next week.

As long as we win our bowl game, I don’t really care what the other B1G elites do. By the way, next year’s schedule for us will have the defending national champ AND the runner up, no matter who wins next week.
Both on the road.

Why? As a former Buckeye fan that lived in MI just about my whole life, I can tell you that Buckeye fans are worse than U of M fans by a long shot. Sure U of M fans have a certain air of arrogance, but aren't quite as animated, bordering on violence as I have seen with "nut" jobs!
I spend a fair amount of time in Columbus for work and travel the Midwest as I am responsible for this region for my company. I will say Ohio State and Michigan fans can be equally difficult to be around. I have seen complete nuts on both sides. The Michigan fans that are over the top tend to be the Walmart Wolverines more than the alums. Since I live in Michigan, I will selfishly say go Huskies!!!

Muck Fichigan. Go Huskies!
Go U Dub. I cannot stand Michigan’s “inspiring” storyline that they’re overcoming great adversity and everyone is against them. Gag. The thing is they’re a good enough team that they didn’t need to steal signs to win, so why did they do it? Just tarnishes the whole thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT