ADVERTISEMENT

Will one of the BIG elite teams win a damn bowl

I spend a fair amount of time in Columbus for work and travel the Midwest as I am responsible for this region for my company. I will say Ohio State and Michigan fans can be equally difficult to be around. I have seen complete nuts on both sides. The Michigan fans that are over the top tend to be the Walmart Wolverines more than the alums. Since I live in Michigan, I will selfishly say go Huskies!!!
I grew up a Michigan fan—I was born in AA, my dad taught there, my mom was an alum—before the Cats became my team. And I have to say that Michigan has a lot of insufferable fans. But OSU fans are so much worse. Even worse than the Ottawa Impact crowd.

Reactions: drewjin
Blame the center who can’t snap. Milroe walks into the end zone if he doesn’t need to handle another groundball. That center cost them at least 3 plays.

Why? As a former Buckeye fan that lived in MI just about my whole life, I can tell you that Buckeye fans are worse than U of M fans by a long shot. Sure U of M fans have a certain air of arrogance, but aren't quite as animated, bordering on violence as I have seen with "nut" jobs!
I agree. Met lots of UM fans at a game in Evanston. They were arrogant, but friendly. Met OSU fans here i Seattle and one of them tried to start fight.

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
I'll pull for U.W. They'll be defending national Champs inside the B1G next season. And DeBoer seems like a decent coach.
That was some of the worst clock management by UW I have seen and that is saying something .

I'll pull for U.W. They'll be defending national Champs inside the B1G next season. And DeBoer seems like a decent coach.
This also will be one last chance for a Real Rose Bowl (B1G champ v Pac champ), albeit a week late and not in Pasadena. I will miss the Pac and this is a fitting send-off.

Treat it like the 1942 Rose Bowl that was played back during World War II at Wallace Wade...NU's own site of infamy.

• Sad
Reactions: NU Houston
This also will be one last chance for a Real Rose Bowl (B1G champ v Pac champ), albeit a week late and not in Pasadena. I will miss the Pac and this is a fitting send-off.

Treat it like the 1942 Rose Bowl that was played back during World War II at Wallace Wade...NU's own site of infamy.
The Pac12 champ playing the Big10 champ in Houston on January 8 for the national title. This is college football now. So much for tradition.

• Sad
The Pac12 champ playing the Big10 champ in Houston on January 8 for the national title. This is college football now. So much for tradition.
Not to pick on you, but that is an old complaint. That tradition changed several years ago. Next year, things are going to get really weird.

I agree. Met lots of UM fans at a game in Evanston. They were arrogant, but friendly. Met OSU fans here i Seattle and one of them tried to start fight.
I think we can all agree that Buckeye fans are the worst. As NU Fans, we should all inherently hate dOSU as they are the antithesis of all that NU football stands for.

So forgive me if Michigan has always held a bit of a soft spot in my heart. The enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of thing.

My old boss a U of M fan that goes to every U of M home game pretty much told me a story about how his preteen daughter way back in the day was cussed out by a Buckeye fan who happened to be agrown woman that was slightly inebriated. I remember seeing all the raving lunatics in Columbus when we watched Earle's teams play. Whack job central at times. Wolverine fans are laid back compared to Buck nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT