ADVERTISEMENT

Will we see Cullen Coleman at TE?

BigCatCT

Oct 26, 2015
I saw the below post where it shows #45 catching a pass.

If he doesn’t start at LB I hope they find another way to get him on the field. He seems to have the profile to be a good superback…I mean Tight End.

Reactions: drewjin
I saw the below post where it shows #45 catching a pass.

If he doesn’t start at LB I hope they find another way to get him on the field. He seems to have the profile to be a good superback…I mean Tight End.

Aren’t linebackers also expected to catch interceptions? Alternatively it may be a duplicate number situation.

Aren’t linebackers also expected to catch interceptions? Alternatively it may be a duplicate number situation.
Lol. Sure. It could be int. Looked to me more like a planned catch and tuck in the flats. He played RB in high school and seems to have physical traits to make a good TE. Not like we have a ton of returning production at that position. Most LB position reviews have some combination of Bergen, Ghallager, McIntyre, Jones, at top of two deep. Guys with OSU, Bama, ND, Michigan offers should find a way on the field quickly.

Reactions: drewjin
Lol. Sure. It could be int. Looked to me more like a planned catch and tuck in the flats. He played RB in high school and seems to have physical traits to make a good TE. Not like we have a ton of returning production at that position. Most LB position reviews have some combination of Bergen, Ghallager, McIntyre, Jones, at top of two deep. Guys with OSU, Bama, ND, Michigan offers should find a way on the field quickly.

Then why is he running towards the direction from where the ball was thrown? Looks to me like a pretty typical drill where linebackers are practicing their drops into the flat and stepping into a passing lane to intercept a pass. I highly doubt Coleman is practicing anywhere but at the linebacker position.

Then why is he running towards the direction from where the ball was thrown? Looks to me like a pretty typical drill where linebackers are practicing their drops into the flat and stepping into a passing lane to intercept a pass. I highly doubt Coleman is practicing anywhere but at the linebacker position.
You are probably right. If he is buried on LB depth chart I’d sure like to see him at TE or in two-back sets.

Cullen was a RB in HS, so it's possible. Given Jake's reliance on the TE in his scheme, I think the staff would leave no stone unturned in the search for playmakers there. Coleman looks more like a jumbo TE like Mangieri, and perhaps he is being worked into that package, as our remaining TEs are longer, leaner, downfield types.

Cullen was a RB in HS, so it's possible. Given Jake's reliance on the TE in his scheme, I think the staff would leave no stone unturned in the search for playmakers there. Coleman looks more like a jumbo TE like Mangieri, and perhaps he is being worked into that package, as our remaining TEs are longer, leaner, downfield types.

He’s not moving to TE. Lots of good options especially with the added depth this year. We essentially have 3 new TE’s in Pugh, Welcing and Albright. Look for Pugh to finally live up to his potential now that he’s fully healthy.

Mangieri
Pugh
Gordan
Welcing
Lang
Albright

Reactions: corbi296
He’s not moving to TE. Lots of good options especially with the added depth this year. We essentially have 3 new TE’s in Pugh, Welcing and Albright. Look for Pugh to finally live up to his potential now that he’s fully healthy.

Mangieri
Pugh
Gordan
Welcing
Lang
Albright
Well, I did not think he was. But of that group, Mangieri is the only guy who looks like an in-line TE.

Well, I did not think he was. But of that group, Mangieri is the only guy who looks like an in-line TE.

It doesn’t seem like they’ll be utilizing an in-line TE in the Bajakian offense. They have used an extra OL in the in-line TE spot as of late. Pretty sure Priebe played some last season. I imagine that philosophy will continue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT