ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin smothering RU

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
RUs offense looks like ours against UW. Doesn't help that zach galifianakis is their QB, but they've been decent this season.

Iowa ahead of UW at half

RUs offense looks like ours against UW. Doesn't help that zach galifianakis is their QB, but they've been decent this season.

Iowa ahead of UW at half
Iowa up pretty big actually at this point. Both Wisconsin and Iowa look better than they have previously. Maybe they'll regress.

Part of the Iowa-Washington score differential is the time zone travel. I said it when NU went out to Seattle. It is a killer. Worse heading west than east. Also, as much as UW is talented I don't think they have been hitting on all cylinders. I still think they are capable of steam rolling people.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeek55
We've just got to figure out a way to beat either of Wisconsin or Iowa.

Will be a difficult task since they both played well this past week (and weeks in the case of Wisconsin).

If we can get either of these next 2 + Purdue, we'll be in good shape. I'll take a bowl game even with just 5 wins.
Part of the Iowa-Washington score differential is the time zone travel. I said it when NU went out to Seattle. It is a killer. Worst heading west than east. Also, as much as UW is talented I don't think they have been hitting on all cylinders. I still think they are capable of steam rolling people.
Over the coming years, we're going to see a huge gap in team performance on these long 2000-3000 mile road trips. There's just no way to avoid it in a conference this spread out.

Fortunately for the original 14 teams, our travel won't be as significant as the 4 out west; we might have mostly 1 trip or at most 2 each season while they have 3-4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT