ADVERTISEMENT

Wow...literally not a single mention on GameDay

Sheffielder

Gold Member
Sep 1, 2004
Did I miss it? Apparently you don't cover a game between a pair of Top 25 teams when it airs on BTN?

In fairness to the worlwide leader...they're at Columbus and had plenty of coverage for Penn State/Mich and Iowa/PU.

In all seriousness though, this is the first time I've noticed a game between two Top 25 teams get the cold shoulder just because it was on BTN.

I have definitely seen them do this before. They are only interested in plugging games that are on ESPN or ABC.

Did I miss it? Apparently you don't cover a game between a pair of Top 25 teams when it airs on BTN?
Perhaps the hosts said nothing, but I did see the game listed on the scroll. It frequently stated that nu hadn't won in Madison since 2000 - I hadn't heard that before.

Reactions: Sheffielder
In all seriousness though, this is the first time I've noticed a game between two Top 25 teams get the cold shoulder just because it was on BTN.

Bear in mind it's also a largely unimportant game on a national level -- it will have no impact on the division race, it has no impact on the playoff, neither team is likely to reach NY6, etc. -- so the fact that it's on a rival network means they won't spend much, if any, time on it.

I couldn't believe it either. I was waiting for it but apparently if it's not an SEC game or on ESPN / ABC, it doesn't rate. Clearly, the E in ESPN rules the day. They might as well drop the S and just call it the Entertainment Programming Network.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT