ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, read this: Torri Stuckey's suicide note (he never acted on it)

Thanks for sharing the second article as well. He seems like a very thoughtful guy. Very sad about Roger Jordan's father - words can't express.

Easy to forget that these are kids, just 20 years old and not accustomed to dealing with the cr@p that life dishes out sometimes. I am glad he found his way. We need to teach patience and perseverance--the biggest things I learned through failure, injury and bad luck.

I dropped out of NU temporarily,for spring semester my frosh year for the same thing. Oh yea, I lettered, had a 3.0 gpa or better and made academic/athletic honor roll. Why did I suffer a bout of the blues? I put too much of my ego into thinking I had to win all the time. College wrestling was tougher and I was not able to cope with a losing record. Silly now to think of how crazy I was back then. I had good friends in Elder a Hall who kept me grounded. Ended up living in Elder for three years.

I dropped out of NU temporarily,for spring semester my frosh year for the same thing. Oh yea, I lettered, had a 3.0 gpa or better and made academic/athletic honor roll. Why did I suffer a bout of the blues? I put too much of my ego into thinking I had to win all the time. College wrestling was tougher and I was not able to cope with a losing record. Silly now to think of how crazy I was back then. I had good friends in Elder a Hall who kept me grounded. Ended up living in Elder for three years.
oops, forgot, very good writing by Torrie!

Torri is a highly articulate man and I hope he is now benefiting from his intelligence and clarity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT