ADVERTISEMENT

WR's fearless predictions, featuring special guest CoralSpringsCat!

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota has won two straight games against Northwestern, both by one score and both in the fourth quarter. Will the Wildcats open up the Big Ten season with a win?

Fearless predictions

Reactions: TheC
Larry Watts' "Northwestern wins if" and "Northwestern loses if" both look like ways in which Northwestern would win.

Bonus prediction:

IMG 31 - St. Joseph Regional 13
I like that, but I think we score more than that. Our offense is really clicking now. Had we not been flagged 21 times for over 220 yards in Jersey, we would have seriously spanked Bergen. We had at least 3 touchdowns negated. We will have close to that many points at the half. I was glad to see Aquinas lose. Looks like we have a great shot at National Champs. Be nice to share that distinction with Northwestern Wildcats. We both need to keep our undefeated streaks alive.

I know you have watched the games but you don't remember how many times the option has failed.
The quarterback option has looked really bad with the opposing teams crashing our corner, causing an early pitch, and the RB running for his life about 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage. The read option has looked okay but it is functionally a dive play as CT very rarely pulls it back and runs.

The quarterback option (in my amazingly ignorant opinion) seems less the problem with CT as it is the fact that we cannot seem to control the corner. Either the opposing defensive end is beating us to the point of attack or a linebacker is crashing in. Someone more knowledgeable than I am would need to guess whether this is due to us having tendencies which alert the opposing team that a qb option is coming or whether our offensive tackles are not getting the corner sealed.

On the read option, I am just not sure that CT is comfortable enough making the read yet.

So, I am not nearly as harsh on the read option but the opposing defense does not need to pay much attention to CT on it.

I know you have watched the games but you don't remember how many times the option has failed.

I'm not referring to that wide option we've run so unsuccessfully thus far...I'm referring to the read option - the play that Neal ran against us a couple times in the first half last weekend. You know the one where the QB can pull it out of the RB's belly if the DE is crashing in and not respecting the possibility of the QB keeping it? Think Colter, Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT