ADVERTISEMENT

Wu Me Please 🙏!

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
Dylan Wu is in fifth place at the Players Championship in golf ⛳️! Matt Fitzpatrick trying to make the cut!

Dylan Wu is in fifth place at the Players Championship in golf ⛳️! Matt Fitzpatrick trying to make the cut!
He was doing great until the last two holes. Weather got bad; don’t know if that was the problem at the end. Still in T20 though. Go Dylan.

Reactions: Titanium999
Big weekend of golf about to start for Dylan. -5 T13 through two rounds at the elevated event in Charlotte. His 15th place finish last week in Mexico is what got him in, as The PLAYERS was the only elevated field he's been in before this week (and he'd have finished top 10 with an even par back 9 Sunday). He's in the midst of the best, most consistent stretch of his career - 8 straight individual cuts made with multiple top 20's. The timing seems right for a high (top 15?) finish vs an elite field.

For posterity's sake, he finished a very respectable 69-72 for -6 T21 with Patrick Cantlay, ahead of elite players like Finau, Rory, and Fitzpatrick. It was his 3rd best performance on the PGA Tour in terms of OWGR. $235k in prize money, probably his 2nd highest, but I haven't checked. 93rd in FedEx Cup standings (only top 70 make the playoffs as of this year), in the field just north of Dallas for the Byron Nelson this week.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Prominent enough for ESPN to reach out is nice.

Not to create unreasonable expectations for this weekend in Connecticut, but I came across this flattering stat that puts Dylan's strong 2023 into context. He's gone from 550th to a career best 251st in OWGR by elevating his game in designated events like the US Open and this week's Travelers. Only Wyndham Clark has upped his game more.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT