ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Washington

SmellyCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I don't know if I missed the news or not, but is Washington definitely off the team? Has there been any announcement about how long his suspension is (or if it's permanent)?

Eight more weeks.
Go Cats.

I don't know if I missed the news or not, but is Washington definitely off the team? Has there been any announcement about how long his suspension is (or if it's permanent)?

Eight more weeks.
Go Cats.
I don't think there has been any word. Not even a hint of a word.

I have not even heard or any development of the public record let alone what NU will do about it.

I don't even know what suspension really means. Can he still use the weight room? Is he still on scholarship? Taking classes?

It is a serious case. Serious for the future of the young man and for the future of how the Cats will handle such issues.

I wish him the best outcome.

Yeah, you certainly don't want the rabble talking about this. Move everything over to the Rock so I will stop piddling away the hours in this God-forsaken wasteland.

LOL! Putting everything behind a pay wall will improve purple productivity worldwide. Imagine how many more new species of bugs will be discovered and described in Florida! Or how reading and math skills will improve in Virginia! Luggage at O'hare will finally be sent to their proper destination rather than some random country over 5000 miles away. Stock sales and trades will climb! Maybe we'll finally find the cure to colon cancer!

I have not even heard or any development of the public record let alone what NU will do about it.

I don't even know what suspension really means. Can he still use the weight room? Is he still on scholarship? Taking classes?

It is a serious case. Serious for the future of the young man and for the future of how the Cats will handle such issues.

Thanks for the response Deering. Not sure I understand the rest of the responses, but I guess I'd understand better behind the wall. I figured he was off the team in 2017, but I hadn't heard anything definitive. Hopefully he and the Cats handle (and have handled) the situation well.

Thanks for the response Deering. Not sure I understand the rest of the responses, but I guess I'd understand better behind the wall. I figured he was off the team in 2017, but I hadn't heard anything definitive. Hopefully he and the Cats handle (and have handled) the situation well.

Actually some new developments were just shared on the Rock.
I'm not being snarky but due to the personal nature of things I'm not sure it should be shared on the open board and I'm not the one to do it at any rate.
Perhaps one of the moderators will.

Move this over to the Rock
Why? Idk about the OP, but I am genuinely interested in his well being, and if someone knows, In don't see that as a "premium" topic. I am not concerned about his absence affecting the team, just if he is going to be ok. No need to share personal details, just ,"there should be an answer on the legal issue soon" (which will be public record)

Why? Idk about the OP, but I am genuinely interested in his well being, and if someone knows, In don't see that as a "premium" topic. I am not concerned about his absence affecting the team, just if he is going to be ok. No need to share personal details, just ,"there should be an answer on the legal issue soon" (which will be public record)

There's an answer to all of this on the rock is what I should have said

Reactions: FloridAlum
Actually some new developments were just shared on the Rock.
I'm not being snarky but due to the personal nature of things I'm not sure it should be shared on the open board and I'm not the one to do it at any rate.
Perhaps one of the moderators will.

The person who posted the information on the Rock wants it there because it is not public information. Therefore, it will remain on the Rock unless Louie says otherwise. Of course, should it become public information it can obviously be discussed here.

Times have changed. During my membership, the Rock had all of one or two weekly postings, mostly venting pleas for removal of other posters. Aside from Lou's inside practice/recruiting scoops, almost everything of interest was on the regular site. Good to see folks continuing to get their money's worth.

Reactions: DopeTonic
I think we're all over-estimating the privacy that the price of a Big-Mac meal per month affords.

I think we're all over-estimating the privacy that the price of a Big-Mac meal per month affords.

There really isn't any privacy needed to protect. It'll all be public soon I'd imagine. I'm protecting the people who have told me this stuff. Big J Journalist move

I can respect that.

The details aren't so important to me right now. I was just curious if this were a one-game suspension, a season-long suspension, or what. If it's a Much Bigger Deal, then I can wait to hear what that is.

There is word on the rock. I would post it here, but the guy who posted the info there appears to want to keep it to that board for some reason. I'll just say the outcome has some bittersweetness to it.

Has nothing to do with being cheap. I don't give my credit card details online except in cases where I'm sure the Russians won't hack them.

I understand your concerns but this is old school thinking. Use a card that is not your primary one, and if it gets compromised then just cancel it, and most companies give you credit for fraudulent charges. I just had something happen last week and was alerted immediately by email, and I cancelled the card and got the fraudulent charge deleted. The inconvenience was that I had to wait about a week to get a replacement card by mail but I had other cards I could use in the meantime.

I understand your concerns but this is old school thinking. Use a card that is not your primary one, and if it gets compromised then just cancel it, and most companies give you credit for fraudulent charges. I just had something happen last week and was alerted immediately by email, and I cancelled the card and got the fraudulent charge deleted. The inconvenience was that I had to wait about a week to get a replacement card by mail but I had other cards I could use in the meantime.

I get what you are saying. I am just trying to minimize my digital footprint. I don't need the hassle of cancelling cards. I had a Visa account hacked on Netflix (!) of all things.

I get what you are saying. I am just trying to minimize my digital footprint. I don't need the hassle of cancelling cards. I had a Visa account hacked on Netflix (!) of all things.

Man up! The Rock is worth the potential hassles. :)

I didn't see it but that's perfectly fine with me. Evyone will find out

I didn't see it there but that's perfectly alright because everyone will know when the young man and his family wish to make it public.

Read the thread that says something like 2017–2018 defense

Ok. Something isn't quite clear to me. If I was looking for the information where would I find it?

Read the thread that says something like 2017–2018 defense

He has me muted because I said I don't care about Johnny vassar and am glad Collins ran him out (if that's actually what happened) because I like to win. He said I'm not a Cats fan because of that. He won't be able to see the post

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
This case is moving through the Cook County Court System and unfortunately it is what it is. This process can be very slow and the charges are serious. He's already been through at least the top three processes;

• Bond Court (Out on Bond)
  • Preliminary Hearing or case went to Grand Jury (No Judges or Defendant or Defense Attorney Present at Grand Jury)
  • Arraignment in front of the Trial Judge
  • Discovery (Most likely in progress)
  • Pre-Trial Motions & Trial (Most likely in progress)
  • Sentencing (Unknown status)
  • Appeal (If necessary)
  • Expungement/Sealing (If necessary)
Having been through Felony Court for Work Purposes, this will take time to run the course.

His booking/case information was available on;
  • CDOC Inmate Search prior to bonding out
  • VINELink
  • Cook County Victim Notification Hotline
All Defendant Arrest Information is Public Record, however remember all Defendants are innocent until proven guilty by a Judge or Jury.

In Felony Court, I've seen first-time offenders with no background receive what's called "Deferred Prosecution" which means drug school and probation, if they screw that up charges are reinstated usually.

This information I'm providing is Public Record via various Cook County Informational Tools

Xavier Washington Case# 17200104001
Next Court Date: September 19, 2017 - Room 105 - Skokie Court House - 9:00AM

Last edited:
Fellow NU Fans, there's nothing private regarding this incident, he was arrested, posted bond, and his court information is very public as per laws of this County, State and Country. This, as with any other defendant information can be located anywhere by using Google and/or any other search engine on the worldwide web. It's not Government Top Secret Information. If any defendant were a juvenile, that's a different story, as they're a protected group (depends on jurisdiction) unless charged as adults.

Fellow NU Fans, there's nothing private regarding this incident, he was arrested, posted bond, and his court information is very public as per laws of this County, State and Country. This, as with any other defendant information can be located anywhere by using Google and/or any other search engine on the worldwide web. It's not Government Top Secret Information. If any defendant were a juvenile, that's a different story, as they're a protected group (depends on jurisdiction) unless charged as adults.

No one said it couldn't be found in the public record...I believe the point was that it might be more appropriate to discuss the legal transgressions of a 21 year old college student at "our" University on The Rock. There's no reason to air our dirty laundry on such a public forum. Capisce?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT