ADVERTISEMENT

“Warning” for tonight

Why do you say it's a joke? It could result in T's. Hoping students don't get stupid with the Shannon situation.

NU administration is so horrifyingly timid.
Big rivalry game.
Other team brings a player who is awaiting trial on felony sexual assault charges.

Everybody be on your best behavior! We want to be gracious hosts!
You will be punished for using foul language!

Why don't we just forfeit?

NU administration is so horrifyingly timid.
Big rivalry game.
Other team brings a player who is awaiting trial on felony sexual assault charges.

Everybody be on your best behavior! We want to be gracious hosts!
You will be punished for using foul language!

Why don't we just forfeit?
NU administrators are not the arbiters. The refs are. And I expect the students to go past acceptable behavioral norms. We'll see what happens. I hope it does not cost the Cats the game.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
I was disappointed with some of the language directed at Miller Kopp. I'm not opposed to the heckling but Northwestern students should be clever enough to achieve that without resorting to profanity.
I wish some clever computer major figured out how to anonymously reply and list out a schedule including some of the above. Maybe find a shill and Gagg chant to throw in too.

The students have been loud and especially at Shannon without any vulgarity (which they’ve saved for the refs bad calls). A lot of no means no.

The student section has been awesome this season and probably swung a few games including this one. If you don’t like college basketball with college students chanting, just hit the mute button.

The student section has been awesome this season and probably swung a few games including this one. If you don’t like college basketball with college students chanting, just hit the mute button.
I was a bit disappointed that the announcers used the word “suspension” but not the word “rape” or “arrested” when talking about Shannon. They were probably told not to. Family show.

That said, when Shannon went to the line for the first time, the announcers stayed absolutely silent for both free throws, as the students lit him up with “no means no”. I think the announcers were making a bit of a point by letting it breathe there.

Shannon was not good, and it was partially rust and partially the students in his head. I can only hope it happens the rest is the season, while Illinois fans proudly cheer on their likely rapist.

From the espn recap:

"Shannon had a rough time in his second game since a federal judge ordered Illinois last week to lift the suspension it handed down in the wake of a rape charge in Kansas."

It may not be playing on tv, but it's getting plenty of print.

The odds he’s innocent are very low. False accusations in rape cases rarely happen. Let’s be honest.
I’d take it to the bank that he is. There’s a lot of information out there and supposedly the bar had a camera on him the entire time. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong but it’s one of those wrong place wrong person situations. Read up on what has been put out by the courts and it’s really not damning at all towards him.

I’d take it to the bank that he is. There’s a lot of information out there and supposedly the bar had a camera on him the entire time. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong but it’s one of those wrong place wrong person situations. Read up on what has been put out by the courts and it’s really not damning at all towards him.
I think it is very likely that what is specifically alleged probably happened. I also think there is some room for debate as to whether that should be called "rape" and whether it should ruin the life of a talented young man.

But the baseline for discussion should be that what is alleged most likely did happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT