UFAs
  • Jimmy Hall to Oakland
  • Brandon Vitabile to Indianapolis
  • Chi Chi Ariguzo to San Diego
  • Kyle Prater to Cleveland
  • Tony Jones to Washington

Link: Campbell, Siemian drafted

Last edited:
Any word on Kyle Prater? Got to imagine he'll get a chance on someone's practice squad.

Just a summary so far....

Drafted
  • Ibraheim Campbell to Cleveland in fourth round
  • Trevor Siemian to Denver in seventh round

UFAs
  • Jimmy Hall to Oakland

Per NU Athletics Facebook page, Jimmy has converted to James Hall. Time to grow up. I like it.

Congrats to all the NFL Cats. I wish each of them success. Hoping that James Hall with his 4.44 speed can find a good fit. Kyle Prater is getting his shot and hope he makes the best of it. He had a lot of doubters but by the end of last season he was money.

Looking forward to following the careers of the lucky seven. Congratulations to each.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to Trevor, thanks to DaCat for joining me yesterday in predicting Siemian would be drafted by Denver:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting. I also have a feeling the Broncos will draft Trevor.

ODDS ARE INCREASING THAT TREVOR WILL BE A BRONCO TOMORROW!

So much for Denver grabbing a quarterback at #92 in the 3rd Round, much less #59 in the 2nd Round. Instead they used Friday to get an Offensive Lineman and another Tight End. (Apparently the team is already loaded with Tight Ends.) Perhaps they gambled that they could get Garrett Grayson for their Quarterback in the 3rd Round, but if he was their man he was taken by the Saints at #75. Petty and Siemian now await to see which them gets the nod. Unless Denver trades up their next chance is at #133 in the 4th Round followed by #164 in the 5th, #203 in the 6th or any of three slots in the 7th Round. With Petty being touted as one of the best picks left untaken it will be interesting if he is still there for the Denver Broncos tomorrow when they get to exercise their 4th Round pick at #133.

My guess is (barring a trade up to grab Petty) Siemian will become a Bronco tomorrow. This would be a great spot for Trevor regardless of whether the selection is in the 5th, 6th, or 7th Round. IMHO Denver is not going to wait for the Free Agent Route to get Siemian (assuming they have not already secured Petty) with their having three 7th Round picks to waste along with the fact that both the Bears and the Browns remain contenders for Trevor based on prior contacts that went beyond phone calls and could exercise late round picks as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DaCat = Thanks for joining my bandwagon of one from yesterday. I was so confident of the pick I just took a nap and woke up to confirm that Trevor indeed became a Bronco today. Congratulations to all those from NU who now have an opportunity to play at the next level.

Last edited:
It was becoming increasingly obvious with all the attention Trevor was getting that someone would want him bad enough to lock him up with a late round pick. Good call Alaska.

Looking forward to following the careers of the lucky seven. Congratulations to each.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to Trevor, thanks to DaCat for joining me yesterday in predicting Siemian would be drafted by Denver:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting. I also have a feeling the Broncos will draft Trevor.

ODDS ARE INCREASING THAT TREVOR WILL BE A BRONCO TOMORROW!

So much for Denver grabbing a quarterback at #92 in the 3rd Round, much less #59 in the 2nd Round. Instead they used Friday to get an Offensive Lineman and another Tight End. (Apparently the team is already loaded with Tight Ends.) Perhaps they gambled that they could get Garrett Grayson for their Quarterback in the 3rd Round, but if he was their man he was taken by the Saints at #75. Petty and Siemian now await to see which them gets the nod. Unless Denver trades up their next chance is at #133 in the 4th Round followed by #164 in the 5th, #203 in the 6th or any of three slots in the 7th Round. With Petty being touted as one of the best picks left untaken it will be interesting if he is still there for the Denver Broncos tomorrow when they get to exercise their 4th Round pick at #133.

My guess is (barring a trade up to grab Petty) Siemian will become a Bronco tomorrow. This would be a great spot for Trevor regardless of whether the selection is in the 5th, 6th, or 7th Round. IMHO Denver is not going to wait for the Free Agent Route to get Siemian (assuming they have not already secured Petty) with their having three 7th Round picks to waste along with the fact that both the Bears and the Browns remain contenders for Trevor based on prior contacts that went beyond phone calls and could exercise late round picks as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DaCat = Thanks for joining my bandwagon of one from yesterday. I was so confident of the pick I just took a nap and woke up to confirm that Trevor indeed became a Bronco today. Congratulations to all those from NU who now have an opportunity to play at the next level.

What? No pictures of battleships, whale movies, Gibralter, or Hawaii 5-O episodes? Your contributions have been slipping here lately!

What? No pictures of battleships, whale movies, Gibralter, or Hawaii 5-O episodes? Your contributions have been slipping here lately!

Apologies. It has been a busy day what with my nap, trying to find out who won the boxing match in Vegas, and helping the Rotary Club to serve hot dogs at today's "Walk for Hope."

It took some searching, but I did find this photo of "The Rock" that I took while stopped with my rental on Gibralter's airport runway.

BMWX3inGibralter.jpg

Just a summary so far....

Drafted
  • Ibraheim Campbell to Cleveland in fourth round
  • Trevor Siemian to Denver in seventh round

UFAs
  • Jimmy Hall to Oakland

Anyone notice that we had more players drafted this year than TSISB?!? Didn't notice UFA numbers, but I was surprised that only a TE was drafted from ND, and that was pick number #229 (12 pick, 7th round).

Guess there is some more prime fodder for the Glades' argument that recruiting rankings mean little in the way of program success and NFL success...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT