ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for the Citrus Bowl

If the broadcast team doesn't mention Leota and Newsome being absent soon, I will retract the benefit of doubt I extended for them earlier in this thread.
:mad:
They did say something about Fitz talking to Newsome re B1G CCG but TBH I am not listening closely

No mention yet about our LB corps. They talked briefly about Fisher saying this is his last game as a Wildcat, but nothing about the Irish law firm. My opinion of this broadcast team is falling rapidly...

I keep waiting for the broadcasters to say, "You know, we've been talking a lot about the missing players for Auburn, but Northwestern is missing some key players as well..."

I have this sinking feeling that they are going to keep me waiting all game...

It’s a shame that two SEC teams couldn’t play in this bowl.
This SEC speed thing is such a load of crap. We’ve constantly competed with them in every bowl game our defense is all over the place. Sure we never have game breakers on offense but that’s just us.

Reactions: zbag51 and rogerkim
This SEC speed thing is such a load of crap. We’ve constantly competed with them in every bowl game our defense is all over the place. Sure we never have game breakers on offense but that’s just us.
Yeah, it's not as though Auburn has been able to run wide on our defense either...

Reactions: NUinIowafan
A good put here and hopefully the D can stand strong and finish the half

It's a pretty good tip off when the head coach stands right beside the ref for a minute (they must not have started the play clock on time)

Reactions: drewjin
It’s a shame that two SEC teams couldn’t play in this bowl.

Perhaps it would be best if they compared NU to some other SEC team of which NU would most remind them if the NU players were faster and more athletic.

• Haha
Not doing too well running east and west today.

You know, until they just said Orlando, I was thinking we were in Tampa.. these bowls are like Visa and MasterCard

• Haha
It's a pretty good tip off when the head coach stands right beside the ref for a minute (they must not have started the play clock on time)
Yeah, I wish he would have trusted Ramsey to call timeout himself - might have had a better chance of drawing the defense offside.

This is BS. The QB was diving forward, not sliding, and Pace turned his shoulder and did not impact his head.
Thankful that they reversed that call. There was not much else Pace could do.

Reactions: drewjin and zbag51
Offense stops pressing on the gas pedal, all of a sudden this is about to be one score when we are clearly the better team.

I really would switch to the WGN feed if I could, but my video stream is delayed by a couple of plays, so I just can't do it...I am getting seriously annoyed by these announcers now.

Offense stops pressing on the gas pedal, all of a sudden this is about to be one score when we are clearly the better team.
The Raine drop really hurts us now.

And I was saying earlier I never remember when the three man rush works. Same here again although the ball came out pretty quickly in any event.

I don't like this time out. Just gives the offense more time to think about wha they are planning

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT