ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern @ No. 11 Penn State

Hilinski seemed to know that was a TD. Guess we’ll see what the refs say

If Penn State had the same play occur, the announcers would be yelling to get the play reviewed.

I can say this is not too disappointing, because I gave up before the game began. I expect to lose every game moving forward, that's how I can keep watching...it's not disappointing. I still love the Cats...but this is painful, painful, painful!

Reactions: phatcat
Yes, but very close.
Glad they went for it. Still plenty of time to catch them.

Reactions: drewjin
This game sucks. We don’t look good. We’ll probably lose. Yet we didn’t get blown out so Fitz will see it as a positive and nothing will change.

I can say this is not too disappointing, because I gave up before the game began. I expect to lose every game moving forward, that's how I can keep watching...it's not disappointing. I still love the Cats...but this is painful, painful, painful!
We are playing them even in Happy Valley! No small feat!

Yeah, and we are still two scores behind. And the 1 yard line for Penn State, simply means more field to expose our Defense...
Our defense has played amazingly well today! Four turnovers against the 11th rated team in the country that just beat Auburn and Purdue!

Agreed. I wish fitz was more inclined to hire a innovative offensive coordinator. You can’t beat the big boys with our disadvantages by playing the same game. We started seeing more success when we spread them out and pushed tempo.

Reactions: drewjin and TheC
Sean Clifford isn’t very impressive. It’s Michigan-Ohio State again in the East.

Helinski is so not aware of the pocket. Two batted throws in a row? Gets blind side hit all the time and never feels it.

Agreed. I wish fitz was more inclined to hire a innovative offensive coordinator. You can’t beat the big boys with our disadvantages by playing the same game. We started seeing more success when we spread them out and pushed tempo.
We are beating them in second half! We needed that easy field goal 🥅!

Reactions: No Chores
So many bad plays today. Just always doing something that screws it all up. Sooooo frustrating. A sign of a bad team.

• Sad
Reactions: RevCat and drewjin
I nominate PSU as the Wildcat MVP, on both sides of the ball.

They are trying as hard as they can to help NU out.

Terrible play calling yet again. What else is new. Such a crummy program

5 turnovers and we’re still going to lose by double digits

The utter failure of the offense to score points or to even consistently move the ball is an indictment of Bajakian. Now, it could be in part because Fitz is dictating a certain offensive philosophy, and because recruiting didn’t leave him much. But it’s his third season and he should be able to coach up a serviceable QB amongst the options he had.

I’m not taking away many conclusions about the Cats from this game. This was just standard Big Ten football played in a downpour.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT