ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern @ No. 11 Penn State

Timeout isn't worth it. You call it and force a punt, all that does is give them a chunk gain when we inevitably turn it over.
But given the game conditions, there's at least a chance of a muffed punt. Why not make them run the play?

Timeout isn't worth it. You call it and force a punt, all that does is give them a chunk gain when we inevitably turn it over.
If we give up a free possession before halftime because we’re afraid to turn it over then there is NO reason to even come back out of the locker room after halftime.
We could not win this game without a defensive or special teams TD. If that happens, and we are at least +1 on turnovers in 2H, we may have a chance.

Reactions: drewjin
we can only hope this is rock bottom but a butt hurt Wisconsin is going to have something to say about that.

Inexcusable by Fitz to run out the half. Are you kidding me. I understand he figured the offense wouldn’t be able to do anything in like 20 seconds but in this weather what happens if we block or they totally shank a punt? He completely wasted an opportunity.
I believe that was the safe play.
if someone would have said psi 14 and NU 0 many Would have thank you Lord!
e

1st half low lights…
1) 9s interceptions goes thru hands
2) 4I can’t believe there’s a big hole so I’ll take a knee
3) 3s 3 Turnovers

Embrace the suck!

I believe that was the safe play.
if someone would have said psi 14 and NU 0 many Would have thank you Lord!
e
Yeah, I predicted a total destruction, but it looks like Happy Valley is getting a smaller dose of what we in central South Carolina did all day yesterday. Not sure PSU can hit 35 now, unless they keep blitzing Hilinski who seems to have caught fumblitis.

Does Fitz hire people based on personality? What is the deal? Why do we get mediocre coordinators? Is it a financial issue? Does Fitz not realize that his success depends on the quality of these individuals? Serious question here? How do we get these guys? And why can't we find some young up-and-comers and pay them a bit, give them a shot? I hate the fact that we are going to lose to Illinois again this year!!!

• Angry
Does Fitz hire people based on personality? What is the deal? Why do we get mediocre coordinators? Is it a financial issue? Does Fitz not realize that his success depends on the quality of these individuals? Serious question here? How do we get these guys? And why can't we find some young up-and-comers and pay them a bit, give them a shot? I hate the fact that we are going to lose to Illinois again this year!!!
They are about to spend a billion dollars on facilities, so it's foolish to pinch pennies on coordinators.

• Love

At least I saw Davis out there for 1 series late in the 2nd qtr.Will see if he plays more in the 2nd half at LB.

Defense is doing its job to create turnovers. Only the offense gives it right back.

I said that after they backed into a loss versus Purdon’t. This is another winnable game that we’re going to punt away.
PSU is trying very hard to help the Wildcats out.

It makes for ugly football, but rain is a lot of fun to both play in and watch others play in.

My take is that he doesn't want to be shown up by the coordinators. Any coach that has been worth a damn goes for coordinators that are up and comers with fire and innovation. The best CFB coaches usually have a great coaching tree under them. My uncle hired a young up and comer OC named Pete Carroll when he was at Iowa State and turned that program around in 4 seasons, finishing tied for second in the Big 8 his final two years in Ames. He beat Tom Osbourne twice in a row to do that. His coaching tree from his OSU days is even more impressive. A successful HC is only as good as his staff, and they know it. It makes me wonder not only about Fitz, but about the NU ADs. NU will have awesome facilities, but crappy coaches. It puzzles me to no end what we are all witnessing.

Even though we get another fumble recovery, it’s hard to get excited with the difficulty we are having offensively. Even a field goal this possession would be a positive…

I’m sorry, it’s not Porter’s day. I can’t believe Hull is not getting 30 carries on a day like today.

Why is that considered a “football “ move but QBs can do that fake hand clap bullshit!?

Terrible missed call by the refs. That worked perfectly for NU and the zebras just missed it
I think it was because Skoronski stood up. He likes to do that and reach out to contact the DL in the neutral zone to try to get the call, but it’s backfired a couple times. They probably screwed up the call though.
Is it sad that I thought that was one of the most creative plays Bajakian has called today, and it was mainly designed to draw a penalty first down

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT