ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern @ No. 11 Penn State

Why are people mad at Hilinski? That was a good drive the team had going, and the snap rifled into his shins wasn’t his fault either.

Reactions: Day381 and drewjin
Just awful.m. Any play to the outside it’s like we have nobody within 5-10 yards.

We all knew we’d lose and probably big, but it still hurts to watch

I think our strength program is below par. We are losing the battle in the trenches.

We are weak, slow, undisciplined and mistake prone. There is almost no positive trajectory about our on field play. Blown off the line by FCS team. Outrun by a MAC RB. Just not any fun to watch.

Oh my. Forcing a ball to Navarro when Hull, with the hot hand, is open for a 15+ yard gain. Sorry I just don’t see any justifiable reason to keep Sullivan on the bench for second half.

Reactions: drewjin
Nice punt. There are bright spots to see. The Cats basically have to get a stop on this drive to have any chance in the game, though.

I am done. If we can’t score getting the ball inside their 40 and we just turn it right over, we have no shot. who am I kidding, we really had no shot to win, only to keep it from a blowout.
That was our only chance we score before halftime it’s a one possession game. They get the ball to start out second half

Timeout isn't worth it. You call it and force a punt, all that does is give them a chunk gain when we inevitably turn it over.

Reactions: TheC
Inexcusable by Fitz to run out the half. Are you kidding me. I understand he figured the offense wouldn’t be able to do anything in like 20 seconds but in this weather what happens if we block or they totally shank a punt? He completely wasted an opportunity.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT