ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Illinois

Well, we gotta march back down and score. But man our D is not at its best today…can they turn it around?

Gallagher is a heady player, but he stunk this entire drive. Again our kicking game is poor. Get Baker from Loyola.

This is a pretty good college football game. Both teams playing decently, QB play is good, big plays and mistakes on both sides.

Reactions: drewjin
Would like Himon to get the ball more.
His speed really makes a difference.

Bajakian is sealing his fate with some shaky play calling this half.

I don’t know if it was intentional, but Bryant threw Kirtz into the spin move and first down there.

Reactions: drewjin
Let’s remember back to the first half when Beilema called a timeout just so he could chew out the refs over the intentional grounding non-call for an extra two minutes

Not getting points on the prior series was brutal. Gotta make our fg’s. We got a break with the muffed punt. Let’s get a td to take the lead. Go Cats!

Last year for this game, I was sitting in a movie theater with my son and daughter, periodically checking the phone and surveying the damage from a distance.

I would’ve never expected that NU would enter this game trying for seven wins *and* trying to prevent Bert from eligility.

What a fun game.

(And nobody knows who wears #18. Goooo Garner!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT