ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Illinois

Last year for this game, I was sitting in a movie theater with my son and daughter, periodically checking the phone and surveying the damage from a distance.

I would’ve never expected that NU would enter this game trying for seven wins *and* trying to prevent Bert from eligility.

What a fun game.

(And nobody knows who wears #18. Goooo Garner!)

Garner Wallace, developmental safety from Pickerington OH.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
I have never seen that happen before. What a special teams play
Niro with great hustle and a great hit. Makes up for the pick 6 gift we gave them in the first half. Nice to see a guy like Wallace make a big play and get the spotlight after a pretty unremarkable career.

Theran and the receiver saw the same gesture from the QB, and Theran went the wrong way.

How can you leave Washington open? Double team him and let someone else beat us.

Last year for this game, I was sitting in a movie theater with my son and daughter, periodically checking the phone and surveying the damage from a distance.

I would’ve never expected that NU would enter this game trying for seven wins *and* trying to prevent Bert from eligility.

What a fun game.

(And nobody knows who wears #18. Goooo Garner!)
Not interested in moral victories.

I thought "first to 21" would win this game before it started..., but this is something else entirely. Both teams could hit the total O/U...

When was the last time NU played a game like this? Happened all the time back in the day but I can’t remember one in years.

ESPN gamecast still hasn’t identified Wallace’s TD 🤷🏼‍♂️. It’s just “ “ returning 17 yards.

Good situation here for the Cats. Still 7 minutes left, and I’m perfectly happy to see NU play it straight. 30 passes and 28 rushes today (including maybe two sacks?), and no need to turtle.

Let Benny cook.

• Love
BTN has given us way more Bert closeups than we should have to deal with today. Crowd shots? Braun? Shots from KAMS?

Yahooooo, Xander!

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT