ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Purdue vs. Northwestern

(The weirdest football rule is when personal fouls and shift penalties offset and you just call a do-over. I didn’t actually see Saka’s flag but it always feel like the Personal Foul team gets a break when that happens.)

The OL is playing well enough. Bryant is holding the ball too long. The sacks have been largely coverage sacks.
What game are you watching. It’s not a coverage sack when they get to the quarterback in under 3 seconds.

I might be a contrarian here, but I think Purdue’s defense is playing better than I expected, and that is most of the problem. I don’t see them making a lot of mistakes. (Now go watch that 1Q Badger defense for contrast.)

We, of all teams’ fans, should understand that you ‘out team‘ your opponents to win.

Reactions: drewjin
What game are you watching.
The same one you are watching. The difference is I know what I am looking at. The pass blocking has been OK. Purdue’s coverage is very good. Their head coach knows how to coach up DBs. Bryant is holding the ball too long and that is why they are getting home.

I might be a contrarian here, but I think Purdue’s defense is playing better than I expected, and that is most of the problem. I don’t see them making a lot of mistakes. (Now go watch that 1Q Badger defense for contrast.)

We, of all teams’ fans, should understand that you ‘out team‘ your opponents to win.
Sorry. An offense should be expected to score over 24 points every game consistently. We need to stop making excuses for a bad offense.

O.k. If that is what happens when I say Purdue isn’t making a lot of mistakes…….

Corbi is so deep in believing that Sullivan is the guy that he ignores reality entirely.

It’s a treasure when he joins the game thread to slag on Bryant and nothing else.

Corbi is so disappointed with NU’s play this season.
To be fair to Corbi, Purdue does have one of the top defenses in the state of Indiana.

Not sure why he plays so much more than Tyus. Tyus is slow, but Porter isn't getting past the LOS anyway. Himon faster and Tyus stronger inside
Tyus is not stronger, he just sees the hole much better.

At least we got some points after the muffed punt but we should have more points on the board right now. We are not taking full advantage of the Purdue turnovers. Also agree that Bryant is holding on to the ball but also a agree Purdue defense has great coverage and pressure on the qb.

Reactions: drewjin
At least we got some points after the muffed punt but we should have more points on the board right now. We are not taking full advantage of the Purdue turnovers. Also agree that Bryant is holding on to the ball but also a agree Purdue defense has great coverage and pressure on the qb.
Pee U should have gotten some points on the board too. So its a wash.

Millen is totally nonsensical.

“Are there better players than him? Sure.
Are there better *football players* than him? No.”

It is unclear what distinguishes a player from a *football player*.

Okay I hope NU can, against all odds, generate a drive here. Hooooo baby.

At least we got some points after the muffed punt but we should have more points on the board right now. We are not taking full advantage of the Purdue turnovers. Also agree that Bryant is holding on to the ball but also an agree Purdue defense has great coverage and pressure on the qb.
Purdue’s head coach is an outstanding defensive teacher, particularly DBs. Their coverage has been excellent. Our OL has played two good games the last two weeks. I am pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: redwoodt10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT