ADVERTISEMENT

It’s time to move on from Collins

Scoreboard. 4 20 win seasons 3 winning BIG records and tourney appearances and wins in the first round. Nothing else in the last 60 years has come close
Sorry, my bad. My brain was damaged from the earlier Carmody loving that it failed to register that you were talking about Collins. Of course you are right here.

I thought you were talking about Carmody.

Carry on.

I posted this on the rock in response to a post about Collins on January 2022. Half credit?

“Oh that’s not my best argument. I still believe Collins is a good choice and can turn it around. Contrary to board believe Collins and staff do actually develop players pretty well. NU basketball does have an identity throughout his tenure as well. That’s defense. It’s why if Beran earns his min in Collins system. It’s why Young didn’t play much vs OSU. Collins core beliefs and how he builds the team is defense first. Year after year NU is at least solid at defense. (My one issue is how much he uses zone but that’s like just my opinion man). Collins and staff draw up so many great out of bounds play. Recruiting is as good as it’s ever been from a depth perspective. There’s my arguments for. Obviously win loss matters. So if someone gave me a real option who could be reasonably expected to do better I’d listen to it.

Yes, Collins was 100% on the list. I was excited he was hired. He was on a lot of peoples list.

I don’t believe you should make change for changes sake.

Programs and company’s that keep changing leadership without a plan don’t do well. I was just hoping someone had a realistic plan. It’s easy to say get rid of them and change this time or that. I just don’t hear people saying what to change to or who will replace them.”

Reactions: SDakaGordie
This thread and thread title must go.

It really is a bad look for where we are now

Go look at coach K the first few seasons at Duke and duke had tradition.

Nance’s last two years we dance we a little more player under control and defense. Can’t blame the coach for putting his best five out there.

Nothing is wrong with him. That post was WR gold. DocCats, purplicious and msnow must be besides themselves. Some of the biggest Carmody lovers on the board.
I was, and am, still a huge fan of Coach Carmody. And hey, four straight seasons of postseason play ... that's still not something we should be laughing at with our history. He helped us realize that we were capable of more. Those who don't post anymore probably weren't really fans of the program anyway.

Hell is frozen over and we're about to go the tourney in back-to-back seasons, yet some of ya'll have nothing better to do than... dig through old threads for worthless receipts?

Get a life, losers lol
This is all unbelievably entertaining. Can’t wait for someone to resurrect it next year when we a) make the tournament again; or b) don’t make the tournament again. Either way my popcorn is ready.

Scoreboard. 4 20 win seasons 3 winning BIG records and tourney appearances and wins in the first round. Nothing else in the last 60 years has come close
By the logic, which is fine, Gagg facilitated the last two with his outside the box approach.

I was, and am, still a huge fan of Coach Carmody. And hey, four straight seasons of postseason play ... that's still not something we should be laughing at with our history. He helped us realize that we were capable of more. Those who don't post anymore probably weren't really fans of the program anyway.
Too bad he only did the parts of his job requirements that he liked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT