ADVERTISEMENT

Lia Thomas is a National Champion

Btw, my theory, this was allowed to happen to engage Karen. One side needs Karen back. Pretty sure this would have been squashed but for the Karen impact. Far left isn’t happy w status quo and gonna be tough to excite. Wrap up Karen and November is but a technicality.

Btw, my theory, this was allowed to happen to engage Karen. One side needs Karen back. Pretty sure this would have been squashed but for the Karen impact. Far left isn’t happy w status quo and gonna be tough to excite. Wrap up Karen and November is but a technicality.
But what about the ignore feature and the safe space? How will Karen be engaged if she’s on ignore?

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
This thread brings me back to the crux of the issue for me… do we really think Lia Thomas went through all the crap thrown at her (as represented in this thread) just because she desperately wanted to be an NCAA champion? Or could it possibly be that it is a sincerely held personal situation played out in the public sphere while continuing to pursue a lifelong passion?
I don’t see that as the crux of the issue at all. The essential question as I see it is how best to balance the legitimate interests of biological women vs trans women in competitive intercollegiate sports. Phrasing the question as you have makes the issue all about the trans element without any consideration for the other, much larger, half of the equation. GOUNUII

Just to clarify: I was referring to the act of referring to Lia as a man, and a lack of acceptance of LGBTQ people, as “caveman” behavior.

I realize I’m not as sharp as most / all of you. But Lia just competed as the rules allowed. There’s sadly a lot of hate geared at her and trans people online.

Well apparently you didn’t learn any empathy for our trans citizens as a result. Instead of looking for practical solutions, so many of our “so intelligent” posters are just demonizing Lia.

When I played, there was a teammate who was obviously gay. It was an open secret and back then (20 years ago) it wasn’t well accepted. I remember being one of the few guys on the team who was nice to him, and for a couple of reasons:

1) I had a gay teammate in HS (circa 2000) and it didn’t bother me then, and it didn’t bother me in college

2) Who am I to judge consensual acts?we’re all human beings with our own peculiar strengths and flaws

3) We really could have used this guy playing at his full potential. He would have been an impact player. But a lot of guys ostracized him and to the team’s detriment.

Nobody is judging consensual acts or saying that transgender people bother them. Nor are we saying that a team should ostracize someone because of their identity.

What we are saying is that someone who has biological and physical attributes that give them an unfair advantage to compete against others is flat out unfair. If a biological woman who is transgender wants to compete with men, no one would give a shit. Because she/he/it would probably get her/his/its ass kicked in the pool.

Just to clarify: I was referring to the act of referring to Lia as a man, and a lack of acceptance of LGBTQ people, as “caveman” behavior.

I realize I’m not as sharp as most / all of you. But Lia just competed as the rules allowed. There’s sadly a lot of hate geared at her and trans people online.

Except for the fact that Lia decided to take advantage of blatantly ludicrous rules, the hate here is directed towards the NCAA and those who allowed this travesty to happen. I don't think anyone here is projecting hate towards Lia nor trannies. People are saying the NCAA had their collective heads up their asses on this one.

Sorry to burst your bubble but it won’t.

Humanity is changing - most who believe in science would say we’re evolving!

While certain people want to demonize Lia, in 50 years she will be viewed as a civil rights hero. Mark my words.

Human beings having any inclination towards transgendering is not evolution, even if you believed it was a natural occurrence. It's an evolutionary dead end. The human species will cease to exist, if everyone evolved into transgenders, as we would lose the ability to procreate (if I'm not mistaken, everyone getting surgery to align their identity, would mean nobody would have the ability to reproduce).

I have to say, having the Rant board return brings a tear to my eye. It's been so very long.

Pretty simple. No gender divisions. All humans compete.

From there, let folks create their own groups: bio girls, trans, not really sure….

But eliminate MBB and WBB for BB. And for schollies, give equal number for xx and xy regardless of what they play.

That would mean the all gender football program wouldn't count as Male scholarships for title ix requirements. I like it! Bring on all gender lacrosse!

Except for the fact that Lia decided to take advantage of blatantly ludicrous rules, the hate here is directed towards the NCAA and those who allowed this travesty to happen. I don't think anyone here is projecting hate towards Lia nor trannies. People are saying the NCAA had their collective heads up their asses on this one.
While he/she can identify as anything he/she wants to, it should not be to gain an competitive advantage by changing the group he/she competes against. The fact that she decided to take advantage of the situation the way that she did makes her every bit as complicit as NCAA. Competing against males, he/she would never have seen the championships. By competing against women, he/she deprived someone else of their rightful place in the competition. While I agree that the NCAA was wrong in this, so was he/she for abusing the situation and depriving someone of their place.

Again as a male, the individual was ranked 496th. He/she would never have seen the championships in any event

Title IX was originally created to ensure women had equal chances to compete in sports, and now men who say they are transwomen are going to take their spots anyway.

Will this carry over to the Olympics and international women's competitions since that is what all these sports claim to be training the athletes for (maybe except for WBB and WNBA)? Can Lia make the Women's USA Olympic swim team? If not, why not? If it's because of international bodies say "not allowed" will there not be protests for us to leave world championships and the Olympics to protest these "intolerant old fashioned games"?

If, instead, this is allowed, dictatorships and tyrant states are going to beat the living spit out of us because they will have their top swimmers, runners, weightlifters and so on race as men and claim their next top swimmers, runners etc. identify as female.

Last edited:
Title IX was originally created to ensure women had equal chances to compete in sports, and now men who say they are transwomen are going to take their spots anyway.

Will this carry over to the Olympics and international women's competitions since that is what all these sports claim to be training the athletes for (maybe except for WBB and WNBA)? Can Lia make the Women's USA Olympic swim team? If not, why not? If it's because of international bodies say "not allowed" will there not be protests for us to leave world championships and the Olympics to protest these "intolerant old fashioned games"?

If, instead, this is allowed, dictatorships and tyrant states are going to beat the living spit out of us because they will have their top swimmers, runners, weightlifters and so on race as men and claim their next top swimmers, runners etc. identify as female.

Dunno…don’t dictators and tyrants tend to hate those in the LGBTQ community? There’s a higher likelihood they are killed than them actually being allowed to compete for their countries.

Human beings having any inclination towards transgendering is not evolution, even if you believed it was a natural occurrence. It's an evolutionary dead end. The human species will cease to exist, if everyone evolved into transgenders, as we would lose the ability to procreate (if I'm not mistaken, everyone getting surgery to align their identity, would mean nobody would have the ability to reproduce).

I have to say, having the Rant board return brings a tear to my eye. It's been so very long.
I don’t think you understand how evolution works.

A typical knee jerk response of too many on the Left is that opposition to Thomas competing against biological females constitutes “hate.” It’s become quite predictable as a juvenile attempt to frame the argument.

What is being argued on these boards is the issue of equity and fairness to a very large majority of biological female athletes.

The woke Left continues to isolate itself into rhetorical corners with their inability to look beyond sophomoric good/evil, hate/love frameworks. Maybe it explains why their policy ideas are often unworkable and generally suck.

A typical knee jerk response of too many on the Left is that opposition to Thomas competing against biological females constitutes “hate.” It’s become quite predictable as a juvenile attempt to frame the argument.

What is being argued on these boards is the issue of equity and fairness to a very large majority of biological female athletes.

The woke Left continues to isolate itself into rhetorical corners with their inability to look beyond sophomoric good/evil, hate/love frameworks. Maybe it explains why their policy ideas are often unworkable and generally suck.
The poor owners of Gibson's Bakery here in Ohio both died while Oberlin's baseless appeals were pending. Oberlin and its woke Left administrators orchestrated, inspired and financed the destruction of a small business in their community. All because the Bakery helped thwart a crime in its store with the help of others. No big deal if the crimes had been committed by white students. But the students happened to be black. So in that case the criminals were the owners, and the full fury of Oberlin's libelous cancel culture took them down.

A trial was held. Oberlin lost BIG, including a sizeable award to the Bakery for punitive damages and attorneys fees.

Undaunted, the University maintains a website dedicated to protesting the verdict and awards in the name of its 1st Amendment free speech rights.

There is no reasoning with the woke Left.

The poor owners of Gibson's Bakery here in Ohio both died while Oberlin's baseless appeals were pending. Oberlin and its woke Left administrators orchestrated, inspired and financed the destruction of a small business in their community. All because the Bakery helped thwart a crime in its store with the help of others. No big deal if the crimes had been committed by white students. But the students happened to be black. So in that case the criminals were the owners, and the full fury of Oberlin's libelous cancel culture took them down.

A trial was held. Oberlin lost BIG, including a sizeable award to the Bakery for punitive damages and attorneys fees.

Undaunted, the University maintains a website dedicated to protesting the verdict and awards in the name of its 1st Amendment free speech rights.

Link?

Injustice in the name of woke justice. At least the jurors got it right. Liberal academia is the worst.

Few more judgments like this and it and maybe it will stop some of the nonsense. Here is the link to the judgement. $32-40 million. They (Oberlan) lost once on appeal so this is two loses and now it probably goes to state SC where it is likely to see a similar ruling. Oberlin should likely try to settle and send that dean out of town on a rail

This isn't to say that true discrimination should not be challenged. But most of what we see is not. Couple of judgments like this and insurance companies won't give coverage and then the administrations start shutting stuff like this down rather than supporting it

Last edited:
Reactions: WaveJumper
Few more judgments like this and it and maybe it will stop some of the nonsense. Here is the link to the judgement. $32-40 million. They lost once on appeal and now it probably goes to state SC where it is likely to see a similar ruling. Oberlin should likely try to settle and send that dean out of town on a rail

This isn't to say that true discrimination should not be challenged. But most of what we see is not. Couple of judgments like this and insurance companies won't give coverage and then the administrations start shutting stuff like this down rather than supporting it
I hope you are right. But I am not optimistic. The woke Left is all about tearing down and replacing the foundations of our democracy. GOUNUII

I hope you are right. But I am not optimistic. The woke Left is all about tearing down and replacing the foundations of our democracy. GOUNUII
And up till now they really have not faced any consequences for doing so. Having a small school having to pay $32 million creates big problems. A small private liberal arts college that costs about $80K per year to go to ($34 after aid) Got to imagine it becomes a harder sell to parents when they see where a big chunk of the money they are being charged (about $10-15k per student to settle the lawsuit) gets used. I mean, they don't have a $10 B endowment to pay it out of (they do have about $900 million) .

Again, up till now, it has not cost them (organizations that take this kind of action against businesses and individuals ) anything. For example the baker in Colorado that was taken to court because they would not make a custom cake to celebrate an event that violated their religious beliefs had to take it all the way to the US Supreme Court (where they won) to get relief( and that was just getting the charges dropped) . Then they were charged again a couple years after the SC verdict, Cost them plenty in time and money but the ones charging them did not have to deal with any consequences for their actions.. If this kind of action starts actually costing the organizations and people involved, maybe it will limit this kind of thing.

Again my guess is that it take insurance companies refusing to cover organizations that do such things that will be what puts a lid on it. A couple more judgments like this and insurance companies will see a threat to their bottom line and then they will start to do what insurance companies do. Refuse to cover organizations and people that show the potential to cost them money

By the way, David Gibson died of Pancreatic cancer. Imagine having to defend your family business from what the college was doing while dying of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: No Chores
I don’t think you understand how evolution works.

Really, please enlighten me. So exactly how does transgendering fit into the laws of evolution and adapting the species to better survive? I may not be privy to the details of it all but I thought if you cut off people's dicks and balls or destroy their wombs and ovaries that their ability to procreate (and hence pass on their genes) ends.

Or just help respond to the open ended question, just how is it that I don't appear to understand how evolution works in the context of transgender identity?

Last edited:
Dunno…don’t dictators and tyrants tend to hate those in the LGBTQ community? There’s a higher likelihood they are killed than them actually being allowed to compete for their countries.
I don't know about that. For years, the East Germans dominated Olympic level women's swimming with testosterone boosted females and perhaps ex-males that were built and swam like Lia Thompson.

Really, please enlighten me. So exactly how does transgendering fit into the laws of evolution and adapting the species to better survive? I may not be privy to the details of it all but I thought if you cut off people's dicks and balls or destroy their wombs and ovaries that their ability to procreate (and hence pass on their genes) ends.

Or just help respond to the open ended question, just how is it that I don't appear to understand how evolution works in the context of transgender identity?
Nice job my man - concise and essentially irrefutable. As my late non-college educated mother used to say, "some people don't have the brains they were born with."

You have to remember that many elites believe in population control. The more that they can convince to go with transgender lifestyles, or otherwise delay starting families, the more tend to not reproduce. There is already a tendency that more well off tend to have fewer kids. This may be just another step in the process I guess. I suppose that they could consider that to be a form of evolution.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: NUCat320
You have to remember that many elites believe in population control. The more that they can convince to go with transgender lifestyles, or otherwise delay starting families, the more tend to not reproduce. There is already a tendency that more well off tend to have fewer kids. This is just another step in the process I guess. I suppose that they could consider that to be a form of evolution.
The well-off tend to have fewer kids due to some combination of career aspirations, access to healthcare, quality of sex education, and abortion shaming due to religion.

Holy geez look at those southern baptists.

This is great:

I know Rant Board is dead, but I’ll always fondly remember you as the person that introduced me to the term ‘Deep State’, the gift that keeps giving.

The well-off tend to have fewer kids due to some combination of career aspirations, access to healthcare, quality of sex education, and abortion shaming due to religion.

The one thing that religious groups have in common are strong social bonds and networks, which can be very advantageous to careers and incomes. I am surprised the Mormon group is relatively far down on that list, though rural Utah is not exactly a land of riches.

The one thing that religious groups have in common are strong social bonds and networks, which can be very advantageous to careers and incomes. I am surprised the Mormon group is relatively far down on that list, though rural Utah is not exactly a land of riches.
The Mormon church is a capitalist-socialist enterprise. Spectacular at growing its own wealth, spectacular at guaranteeing that its members’ needs are taken care of. I’d imagine, with the focus on education and entrepreneurship within the faith, that their income-demographic breakdown has changed significantly in the last 25 years.

This is great:

I know Rant Board is dead, but I’ll always fondly remember you as the person that introduced me to the term ‘Deep State’, the gift that keeps giving.
I am just trying to point out how some could classify it as evolution. There have been efforts at population control for quite some time including mass sterilizations. There is also the idea that people in developed countries have a much bigger per capita impact on the planet so it is important to control those populations. Developed countries tend to have slower population growth for reasons you list above. I am just suggesting that an extension of that could also include that many that consider themselves to be transgender take themselves out of the reproductive pool. So if more are encouraged to embrace these gender identity issues. population growth in economically advantaged groups declines further

This is great:

We Catholics are thoroughly average.

As for abortions, for some reason I remember this:

Chromosomes are optional now

And up till now they really have not faced any consequences for doing so. Having a small school having to pay $32 million creates big problems. A small private liberal arts college that costs about $80K per year to go to ($34 after aid) Got to imagine it becomes a harder sell to parents when they see where a big chunk of the money they are being charged (about $10-15k per student to settle the lawsuit) gets used. I mean, they don't have a $10 B endowment to pay it out of (they do have about $900 million) .

Again, up till now, it has not cost them (organizations that take this kind of action against businesses and individuals ) anything. For example the baker in Colorado that was taken to court because they would not make a custom cake to celebrate an event that violated their religious beliefs had to take it all the way to the US Supreme Court (where they won) to get relief( and that was just getting the charges dropped) . Then they were charged again a couple years after the SC verdict, Cost them plenty in time and money but the ones charging them did not have to deal with any consequences for their actions.. If this kind of action starts actually costing the organizations and people involved, maybe it will limit this kind of thing.

Again my guess is that it take insurance companies refusing to cover organizations that do such things that will be what puts a lid on it. A couple more judgments like this and insurance companies will see a threat to their bottom line and then they will start to do what insurance companies do. Refuse to cover organizations and people that show the potential to cost them money

By the way, David Gibson died of Pancreatic cancer. Imagine having to defend your family business from what the college was doing while dying of that.
Oberlin's endowment alone is over a billion dollars. This is outside their operating funds. $32 million isn't going to be noticed by students, just a result as it was. More importantly, or unfortunately, it also won't affect many mid-level administrators much in and of itself.

Oberlin's endowment alone is over a billion dollars. This is outside their operating funds. $32 million isn't going to be noticed by students, just a result as it was. More importantly, or unfortunately, it also won't affect many mid-level administrators much in and of itself.
I thought I saw about $930 mill. But in any event, parents tend to be more conservative than the kids and I am just suggesting that more and more of them might have a problem with what the Dean and school did and many will notice the outcome of the lawsuit

Their operating budget is about $185 million. $32 million is far from trivial. Hopefully the administration and faculty will learn a lesson from this mistake.

Their operating budget is about $185 million. $32 million is far from trivial. Hopefully the administration and faculty will learn a lesson from this mistake.
I hope so, but I'm too much of a cynic to predict it. Since when do higher ed administrators bear accountability for ANYTHING they do? Raimondo herself bore almost no consequences: she left Oberlin 6 weeks ahead of schedule in order to step into a Vice Presidency at another school. I nearly guarantee you that any faculty lounge she walks into people will tell her what bullshit that court decision against her was and how right she was to do the stupid shit she did.

Here is another aside but generally related to the topic. I was listening to the radio about a poll about the percentage of homosexuals and transgenders in the population. Take a shot at the answers then I will give you the poll responses and the actual %'s
1. % Gays
2. % Trans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT