ADVERTISEMENT

Peoples thoughts of Biles pulling out of team competition

Your article 's data is outdated. Since less than 10% of americans had the 2 doses in your january stats, that study is the exact sorta conclusion we would expect.

And I think we can assume that for the 10% that did have their 2 jabs, they most likely had some protection that hadnt yet faded, right?

I mean, im not the smartest guy but if very few are vaccinated, then only unvaxed would be hospitalized. Guess what, last november, 100% of all patients were unvaccinated.

Things have changed since the early study you cited. Today, we know that the vax authority was a lie, ie., the emergency authorization clearly said "to prevent covid". Period. Now we see that the strains have adapted (thanks to you) and you need a bigger shot.

Unfortunately, here is how this goes. Your 6 month booster will become a 3 month booster then at some point its going to become "Mama" and RIP with an immune system similar to aids.
Unfortunately for me, my natural immune wont be a match for the super cold. There is no way out of this.
Enjoy life, dont freak out with anger, just love everyone as it seems as if God has a sore sense of humor.
Wow. Sef-realized medical expert Turk speculates. So my post was too old??? What are the dates & sources for your Israel - Iceland claims???

I'm not angry or freaking out. Just pointing out your ignorance. I couldn't help but notice you did not respond to my math problem, which totally debunked the point you were making about Israel & Iceland.

Here is some very recent data, which shows how effective the vaccination is. Straight from the CDC.

https://www.axios.com/chart-vaccina...ses-b93710e3-cfc1-4248-9c33-474b00947a90.html
And this today - I'm sure it won't concern a medical expert such as yourself.

"On Monday, there were more Covid-19 hospitalizations in Florida than at any time in the pandemic. The chief executive of the Florida Hospital Association, Mary Mayhew, told MSNBC that about 95% of those hospitalized were unvaccinated."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ronavirus-cases-hospitalizations-unvaccinated
Now don't make me post the screenshot where you proclaimed victory over COVID, on Sept. 29 2020, "thanks to Trump & Science."

Just another Turk prediction that was horribly WRONG.

Stay safe Turk!

And you know this how???
It's math

They were talking cases in first 4 months of 2021. We were jsut starting to administer doses in any more than token numbers. Doses were in very short supply at the time. And almost none had been vaccinated by the first of the year and really none totally vaccinated as that took 5-6 weeks after first dose. (3 to 4 weeks between doses and two weeks after 2nd dose) At the beginning of year they were averaging 300K doses per day. And while it ramped up, by the end of the month to over 1 million, maybe 3-4% had gotten a first dose and about end of Feb to get to 3-4% totally vaccinated. Rate did pick up but it was slow at the beginning and we might have gotten to 10% totally vaccinated by end of March and maybe 20-25% by end of April. So for the entire time, the average totally vaccinated was maybe 5% or a little more and partially vaccinated was 10-12%%. ( Remember also that it took a couple weeks after the first dose for any real protection to start. ) And by the way, the total of new cases peaked on about Jan 6 at about 280K and declined over the 4 months to an average of about 60-70K for the last three months so that there were probably as many cases during January (time with few vaccinations) as the other three months combined.

In short, about half of all cases in the 4 month period occurred during January, a time when almost no one was fully vaccinated. Another 20% or more occurred during FEB and total vaccination rates were still very low. Maybe 30% of cases in the period occurred during March April when total vaccination rates might have averages 5-8%. If that does not prove that we were mostly unvaccinated at the time, I do not know what to say,

Last edited:
Reactions: Turk
You keep moving the goalposts. Face it your losing your lying battle. You do realize that's why there are alternates on all Olympic teams, don't you? You don't?
No you still don't get it. She did the prelims and everything prior to the last three events then the alternate had to come in and pick up. If she did not want to compete the alternate would have been in her place from the beginning and another would have been on the team as an alternate. She deprived them of that opportunity. She made her choice to drop out at about the worst possible time.

This is a bizarre thread as it swings back and forth between the disparate topics of COVID vaccinations and a gymnasist quitting on her team.

As an exersize in cognitive dissonance my admiration goes to those who have somehow been able to find a common ground linking the two together.

Last edited:
No you still don't get it. She did the prelims and everything prior to the last three events then the alternate had to come in and pick up. If she did not want to compete the alternate would have been in her place from the beginning and another would have been on the team as an alternate. She deprived them of that opportunity. She made her choice to drop out at about the worst possible time.
No

Reactions: willycat
Wow. Sef-realized medical expert Turk speculates. So my post was too old??? What are the dates & sources for your Israel - Iceland claims???

I'm not angry or freaking out. Just pointing out your ignorance. I couldn't help but notice you did not respond to my math problem, which totally debunked the point you were making about Israel & Iceland.

Here is some very recent data, which shows how effective the vaccination is. Straight from the CDC.

https://www.axios.com/chart-vaccina...ses-b93710e3-cfc1-4248-9c33-474b00947a90.html

"On Monday, there were more Covid-19 hospitalizations in Florida than at any time in the pandemic. The chief executive of the Florida Hospital Association, Mary Mayhew, told MSNBC that about 95% of those hospitalized were unvaccinated."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ronavirus-cases-hospitalizations-unvaccinated
Now don't make me post the screenshot where you proclaimed victory over COVID, on Sept. 29 2020, "thanks to Trump & Science."

Stay safe Turk!
I think we need to look at the data and allow the data to dictate. The data shows that the virus spreads almost exclusively indoors. Thats why the wave is hitting florida right now. July august and september we are moreso indoors. The delta will moreso hit Chicago when you guys go mostly indoors later this fall.
Your article limits the scope of vaxxed covid positive to only those who have been hospitalized. Thousands more have gotten covid but havent been hospitalized. Getting the vax gives one a head start over staying natural. But my bet is that after you get your 50th booster that your immune system will be dependent.
Why are you against my bet? You took the quick odds, I took the long way around the block. Whats your fuss? If you want to bet against natural immunity and adaptation then im ok with that. Why you upset that I choose natures way?
Look, if i was in a high risk group, id get the medicine. But my group has data that shows i have zero risk for hospitalization. Please tell me why me or a child should get a vax when we would have a better chance by being eaten whole by a shark?
Cmon maaaaannn.

^^^best informed comment of the day^^^
Hdhntr +1
Nochores 0

And blocked covaxin due to politics. If the delta is so awful then why would those who know best want to block a vaccine that is proven efficient and 20 other countries recognize?
And we paid for

I think we need to look at the data and allow the data to dictate. The data shows that the virus spreads almost exclusively indoors. Thats why the wave is hitting florida right now. July august and september we are moreso indoors. The delta will moreso hit Chicago when you guys go mostly indoors later this fall.
Your article limits the scope of vaxxed covid positive to only those who have been hospitalized. Thousands more have gotten covid but havent been hospitalized. Getting the vax gives one a head start over staying natural. But my bet is that after you get your 50th booster that your immune system will be dependent.
Why are you against my bet? You took the quick odds, I took the long way around the block. Whats your fuss? If you want to bet against natural immunity and adaptation then im ok with that. Why you upset that I choose natures way?
Look, if i was in a high risk group, id get the medicine. But my group has data that shows i have zero risk for hospitalization. Please tell me why me or a child should get a vax when we would have a better chance by being eaten whole by a shark?
Cmon maaaaannn.
To be fair, though your risk is pretty low, it is not zero. And understand how vaccines work. They do not replace your immune system. They just try to expose it to something safer than the full blown virus in a way that stimulates your own immune system to produce antibodies and prepare it to react more quickly to the actual virus. They don't replace your immune system , they use it

• Love
Reactions: Gladeskat
Least informed comments of the day: Everything posted by Turk having to do with vaccines and Simone Biles. I should have stopped responding to this buffoon when he made his case for the flat earth theory and the "Fake on the Lake" nonsense.
I love it!
Look, lets slice thru the bs, its all about antibodies. All about antibodies. Why do they want antibodies from unvaxxed over vaxxed? You are an attorney, answer me that?
The unvaxxed are needed and useful for their natural antibodies after getting covid.
Case closed Nochores. The legal case is convincing!

Btw, the mistake on the lake chapped phillips and fitz ass. It exposed the lies and accelerated the resolve.

To be fair, though your risk is pretty low, it is not zero. And understand how vaccines work. They do not replace your immune system. They just try to expose it to something safer than the full blown virus in a way that stimulates your own immune system to produce antibodies and prepare it to react more quickly to the actual virus. They don't replace your immune system , they use it
Of course they dont replace but by definition the pfizer medicine isnt a vaccine. A vaccine prevents a disease. These are not vaccines they are just shots to prevent or buy time until the next booster. After 50 boosters or even 5 boosters it wont replace your immune system but how many boosters until the immune system is dependent?

Cmon maaaaannn.

Because every time the virus passes from one person to another is an opportunity for it to mutate, regardless of that person’s symptoms (or lack there of). Less people that catch it, less people pass it, the sooner we can get out of this.

Reactions: corbi296 and Turk
Because every time the virus passes from one person to another is an opportunity for it to mutate, regardless of that person’s symptoms (or lack there of). Less people that catch it, less people pass it, the sooner we can get out of this.
So you are saying that if 100% got the current potion, including children, then we will get out of this? I dont believe in that dogma.

I think your statement requires a belief and leap of hope. You cant honestly believe that can you?

Stay safe Turk!
If these are your beliefs that somehow we can get out of this then what is the broad plan since only 14% of the world is vaxxed?
Wouldnt it be reasonable for countries like ours to approve and buy other vaccines from other manufacturing plants instead of rejecting applications of covid vaccines that are already proven and efficient against even the delta ?

You've got to be kidding. I bet you know the name, rank and serial number of ever male athlete who ever lived.
I was. And I don’t. But thanks for taking the hook, line, and sinker SPC. I just think this kind of topic is better suited for the Other Sports board - but it’s Saul Goodman.

She stepped out when she couldn’t do it, and it became dangerous for her to participate. You think she knew prior to that moment? You think her saying “I can’t do this safely and successfully” and people saying “that’s cool” - is idolizing someone?

Two years ago Hunter said his mom was sick and his head wasn’t in football. I think we are all still rooting for him to successful. (A) he didn’t need to tell anyone that (B) that’s cool man. You do what you need to do. We pray she’s ok.

Did you feel let down by Hunter?

I have not read the whole thread so not sure if this was mentioned but apparently the Japanese authorities notified Biles days before the competition that, unlike what happened in Brazil, she would not be allowed to take her ADD medication during the competition. Not sure what the rational was but I think this clearly has been a key factor in what has happened with her.

And we paid for
True. Basically according to the cdc, these arent vaccines. They can call them vaccines to make people feel good but these are only medicine shots. As for covid, the pfizer potion is a sorta red bull for the immune system. I never took a red bull and I certainly wouldnt want to get hooked on it or monthly boosters.

I have not read the whole thread so not sure if this was mentioned but apparently the Japanese authorities notified Biles days before the competition that, unlike what happened in Brazil, she would not be allowed to take her ADD medication during the competition. Not sure what the rational was but I think this clearly has been a key factor in what has happened with her.

I believe this turned out not to be true: https://www.politifact.com/factchec...dence-olympics-barred-gymnast-simone-biles-u/

Last edited:
You are incorrect sir. Hey, i wonder if new vaccine passports will be issued after frequent booster shots?

True. Basically according to the cdc, these arent vaccines. They can call them vaccines to make people feel good but these are only medicine shots. As for covid, the pfizer potion is a sorta red bull for the immune system. I never took a red bull and I certainly wouldnt want to get hooked on it or monthly boosters.
According to definition of vaccine, these are vaccines

vac·cine
/vakˈsēn/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: vaccine; plural noun: vaccines

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
"there is no vaccine against the virus"
Computing
a program designed to detect computer viruses and inactivate them.

They are vaccines.

Of course they dont replace but by definition the pfizer medicine isnt a vaccine. A vaccine prevents a disease. These are not vaccines they are just shots to prevent or buy time until the next booster. After 50 boosters or even 5 boosters it wont replace your immune system but how many boosters until the immune system is dependent?
Sorry but they are vaccines against the original strains of COVID. They work to some extent against the variants but at some point some sort of booster might be needed if the response is not strong enough to prevent it. Booster would also potentially be needed if the response weakened to the extent it would no longer be effective in preventing the disease.

Many things I agree with you on including your right to make a choice for yourself, but not on this

According to definition of vaccine, these are vaccines

vac·cine
/vakˈsēn/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: vaccine; plural noun: vaccines

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
"there is no vaccine against the virus"
Computing
a program designed to detect computer viruses and inactivate them.

They are vaccines.
Then what isnt a vaccine? I was just using the cdc own website. So i guess various hiv drugs are now considered vaccines, the flu shot, wins against Io_a?

Does not say she was not prevented from taking it but did say there was no evidence that she had been prevented from taking it. Slightly different
Nobody took her medicine from her or prohibited her from competing while taking it. Fake news by corbi that was already debunked.

Reactions: hdhntr1
So you are saying that if 100% got the current potion, including children, then we will get out of this? I dont believe in that dogma.

I think your statement requires a belief and leap of hope. You cant honestly believe that can you?

We would have a much better chance of achieving long-term “normalcy” if 100% of the population were vaccinated.

Evidence is building that vaccinated people do not spread the virus as much as unvaccinated people (even the new Delta variant… which itself may never had emerged had more people been vaccinated earlier), which reduces the number of times the virus can mutate and gives us a better chance of managing spread in the long-term.

Then what isnt a vaccine? I was just using the cdc own website. So i guess various hiv drugs are now considered vaccines, the flu shot, wins against Io_a?
They are substance made to get the body to have an immune response a specific virus. They do result in body producing antibodies. And it is not just the antibodies that are produced in response to the original injection but ones that are produced whenever after that the body is exposed to the virus. Once the body is exposed to the Pfizer or Moderna cocktail, immune response occurs whenever the body is exposed to that virus invader. The response may weaken over time and need a booster to bring response up to acceptable levels. But that is the very definition of a vaccine.

HIV medications need to be administered more or less continuously. Once stopped, HIV can multiply. It would not be considered a vaccine

Nobody took her medicine from her or prohibited her from competing while taking it. Fake news by corbi that was already debunked.
There is no evidence that she was prevented from taking her medications. Not even any evidence that she was even still taking them. But there there was also no evidence that she was not prevented from taking them. Nothing really either way.

There was no evidence backing Corbi's statement

I can’t believe this thread won’t die.

How about you all worry about the mental health of the females in your life instead of this young lady. Why do any of you give a shit when the football season is less than 4 weeks away?

When Hunter had his struggles in 2019, we all rallied behind him and his mom. This ongoing debate of Ms. Biles smacks of sexism, racism, pettiness, or all three.

We would have a much better chance of achieving long-term “normalcy” if 100% of the population were vaccinated.

Evidence is building that vaccinated people do not spread the virus as much as unvaccinated people (even the new Delta variant… which itself may never had emerged had more people been vaccinated earlier), which reduces the number of times the virus can mutate and gives us a better chance of managing spread in the long-term.
Its going to be interesting. Most of this is unchartered. But if we are going to get to where you think we should be then its going to be up to the usa and europe to get moving pronto on more vaccines to the other countries. The numbers of people who are unvaccinated in many other high density countries is like 5%.

I can’t believe this thread won’t die.

How about you all worry about the mental health of the females in your life instead of this young lady. Why do any of you give a shit when the football season is less than 4 weeks away?

When Hunter had his struggles in 2019, we all rallied behind him and his mom. This ongoing debate of Ms. Biles smacks of sexism, racism, pettiness, or all three.
The difference is that Hunter didnt quit. He kept competing even though his mental state was dealing with a difficult situation.
The situation is different. Not sure how this could be any possibility of sexist. Dunno, at least I dont think so.
Right now, im staring at this martini next to the beach. Thats about all I know right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT