ADVERTISEMENT

100 days

88 days. I think we might not all agree that "PersaStrong" was a good idea, but we CAN all agree that Persa highlight reel is great to watch.

I love the run he has at the two-minute mark and that tiny tiny feint that he was going to slide and then he went several more yards instead. He's as tough as they come.

He was amazing. No question that he would still be playing in the NFL, imo, if it were not for his injury.

83 days. Greatest catch in Wildcat history?

Cue Alaska with his beautiful photo array of this one.

I somehow ended up on the sidelines for the Queiro grab. Right where he grabbed it.

Here's an unsung play from a boring game. Watch Big Ben's block at 9:18 on the game clock. It's the second play overall on the highlights - the long Bowser run

Big Ben is quite the blocker! Although not as dramatic (taking out two defenders at once) he threw a key block on the outside to spring Larkin on his reverse field TD run against Nebraska in 2017 (9:15 of Q2)!

80 days. Let's go way back for maybe the greatest Wildcat ever.

Love this one. I kick for you guys is a classic line

I want to find the one where Thor interviews a bunch of students when he is still a frosh and nobody knows him.

Yeah, that one I plan to have as part of this series as well. I have fun just looking for stuff. The only problem is I rarely have time to watch the entire video before posting.

Yeah, that one I plan to have as part of this series as well. I have fun just looking for stuff. The only problem is I rarely have time to watch the entire video before posting.
even if it is an honorable mention or auxiliary post, please have Beckman getting knocked on his a$$

also here is baby Fitz starting 1-0 vs Iowa. he's now 8-5

My freshman year NUMB road trip. Great game. I remember Terell Jordan bursting through for the score. And then us running them off the field on the final drive to run out the clock - just lined up and went right at them each play and they were so demoralized they couldn't stop us. Was a really impressive OL performance, one of the best we've had.

Can never beat that one IL second half where we didn't pass the ball once - got to like a 3rd and 15 at one point and then just ran a reverse and still converted it. Herron and Jason Wright combined for like 350 yards that day I think (hopefully that isn't my selective memory imagining that total).

Go Cats!

Reactions: Medill '03
Let's add a beat down to the mix. Something that Walker didn't seem to have a problem inflicting on occasion, but definitely not in Fitz's repertoire.

61-23 anyone?

77 days. Let's celebrate one of the most slippery Wildcats ever.

Let's add a beat down to the mix. Something that Walker didn't seem to have a problem inflicting on occasion, but definitely not in Fitz's repertoire.

61-23 anyone?

Lol, this is a classic thumping in what has been a series of classic Illini thumpings. Some highlights:

1) It appeared that the Illini D had never, ever seen the read option before. You think, I don't know, after being burned by it literally 100 times in the game, that they MIGHT was to allow for the option of Danielson keeping he ball instead of spearing the running back? Good grief...
2) Uh, Illini OL coach, coordinator head coach, or anyone that will listen, might be an OK idea to double-team Missouri...
3) When we threw for that TD on 4th and goal, you could see the ships set sail for the boatrace...
4) The Illini had to rally against what must have been out 4th string to even make it as close as 61-23. Let that sink in for a moment...

Reactions: LACatFan
76 days to go. Moose, Gardner and Adrian "The Other" Autry!

Oh, and Coach Barnett, though I like the school spirit, maybe a different shirt next time?

My memory must be fuzzy. I always thought it was "The Other," but you're probably right.

Victory Right in the Metrodome will always be one of my greatest away game memories. Those of us in the purple corner of the dome all became TV stars as the cameras repeatedly pointed up to us in that final quarter as the Cats kept scoring.

If anyone has the full game tape as it originally aired I would love to get a copy. I traveled to the game with my then NU attending son and one of his roommates. I met up again with the roommate at the recent Holiday Bowl. (Pictured on the right.)

IMG_0197_zps7eaxxdsl.jpg

Reactions: StreamCat
75 days left. Random interception in random game. I love football.

Last edited:
74 days. This clip not only features one of my favorite JJTBC runs ever (the third-and-9), but also one of my favorite JJTBC interviews ever. I've always loved how boring and cliched he is talking about himself and how thoughtful and happy he is talking about Thorson. Just the kind of guy he is.

Reactions: NU Houston
74 days. This clip not only features one of my favorite JJTBC runs ever (the third-and-9), but also one of my favorite JJTBC interviews ever. I've always loved how boring and cliched he is talking about himself and how thoughtful and happy he is talking about Thorson. Just the kind of guy he is.

I'm glad the score ended up 54-40, otherwise there may have been a fight

That game was nuts. I was at a cousin's wedding in Maryland, following it on my phone, and I could hardly believe the offensive explosion the 'Cats were putting up, especially given their struggles just a few weeks earlier. That's Northwestern football for you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT