ADVERTISEMENT

2-Deep

Fine, except at its basic level, CFB is entertainment. Who else among you has been pissed to go to a Broadway show only to find that annoying, tiny piece of paper that says Patrick Stewart will be replaced by Dick Hertz or something? Solo is one of my favorites and a local boy as well. Just say he won't play. Or might. Or something. You don't have to say he has an upper body injury. And we are all excited about Brown. Just say he is injured or not

To placate one dude from the greater DC area?

To placate one dude from the greater DC area?
Well, DC is not THAT great.

Think about other entertainment type decisions that you make. Go to NYC and the Statue of liberty is unexpectedly closed. Go to Mexico and there is a border wall and you can't get through (oops wrong board)

It's no big deal, I am a complainer by nature.

It's like 10000 spoons when all you need is a knife, so I guess it's ironic

Well, DC is not THAT great.

Think about other entertainment type decisions that you make. Go to NYC and the Statue of liberty is unexpectedly closed. Go to Mexico and there is a border wall and you can't get through (oops wrong board)

It's no big deal, I am a complainer by nature.

It's like 10000 spoons when all you need is a knife, so I guess it's ironic

Outside of his family, you are probably the one person on this earth making his decision to spend “entertainment dollars” based on Solomon Vault’s playing status.

Sincere response here. What rights, beyond creating fan goodwill, to we have to injuries or 2-deeps? Fitz has no responsibility to share any of it. His responsibility is to prepare his players, keep them on track educationally and in life, and win football games.

Yea I want them too, but in the end I understand why he ( and a growing number of BCS coaches) don’t want to do it, unless all coaches do it equally.
well then why even put out the 2 deep?
Just revert the information back to high school level so nodoby knows who is playing until kickoff.

Just revert the information back to high school level so nodoby knows who is playing until kickoff.

That's essentially what Fitz is doing.

If I recall correctly, Harbaugh doesn't put one out at Michigan.

Outside of his family, you are probably the one person on this earth making his decision to spend “entertainment dollars” based on Solomon Vault’s playing status.
Family gets in free though

And I'm not going to the game this week . Next week I am, and I spent the entertainment dollars a while back, without consideration of Solo's status.

If you aren't the least bit frustrated by the lack of info or misinformation, in general , from this program, you are better than those of us that are.

Oh..wait. you already knew that

(Hint. Your response is "yes")

Family gets in free though

And I'm not going to the game this week . Next week I am, and I spent the entertainment dollars a while back, without consideration of Solo's status.

If you aren't the least bit frustrated by the lack of info or misinformation, in general , from this program, you are better than those of us that are.

Oh..wait. you already knew that

(Hint. Your response is "yes")

Just win, baby.

Wicker, my man, you going to be at our tailgate on Saturday, still?
About the 2 deep, why exactly is it important? Anything more than a bruise and coaches are restricted from talking about injuries due to laws. Perhaps the biggest injury being concussions. As far as I know, we came out of Purdue concussion free (Thank God) but we wouldn't really know by a two deep anyways.

I don't look at opponents two deeps and barely look at ours. I treat it pretty much as a program and almost exclusively I look at KOR and special teams. My guess is that 2 deeps are prolly something for the players. I know in spring ball everyone wants to be on the 2 deep. Same might be true for fall ball. Dunno.

Which poster is his mom?

Also, I wish I could remember which kid, but at the 2nd last Duke away game, I saw one of the dads who reassured me that his kid would play the following week. IIRC, he missed like 4 more weeks. That's just an aside, I'm sure the parents are closely informed (and more forthcoming than the team).

I don't bet on games but I suppose bettors would use inside info if available. I mostly want to know who is going to play.
His mom posts on here as steelerchic.

Fitz is particularly annoyed with the media today. Yikes! Bordering on Saban territory in this press conference. Look, would it be nice if reporters would find positives to write about and positive ways to phrase their questions? Sure. But for whatever reason, reporters always seem to focus on the negatives. I guess that is what sells. That all said, part of being a coach is doing these things.

Maybe he just really doesn't like (or respect) some of the guys in the room. I'd venture a guess that he'd respond a lot better to questions coming from anyone who has actually put on a set of pads at the college level rather than 145 lb Medill kids who have never stepped on a field.

I would respect him less. The guys that wore pads don’t pay for his existence. They don’t put his kids through school, food on his expensive table, an expensive car in his garage. It is posts like this that wrongly anger me towards him because I would like to think he is smarter than banking his respect on the people that don’t cause him to get paid and only care about those that played the game. Screw those type of people.

Sincere response here. What rights, beyond creating fan goodwill, to we have to injuries or 2-deeps? Fitz has no responsibility to share any of it. His responsibility is to prepare his players, keep them on track educationally and in life, and win football games.

Yea I want them too, but in the end I understand why he ( and a growing number of BCS coaches) don’t want to do it, unless all coaches do it equally.

The whole damn thing is entertainment. Like movies, the WWF, whatever. It is the entertainment industry. Does not produce, does not improve the environment, does not save lives, it entertains. So if the audience wants some god damn entertainment, give it or lose audience.

This is NU, not ND, not bama, Duke or any storied program that can dictate the terms because they have fan base to lose. The only thing worse that our fan’s condescending attitudes are the ones emanating from our historically underperforming athletic department. You would think PF had won multiple national championships the way he acts.

Then please explain to me why NU fans and college football fans in general cannot know whether Solomon Vault is going to return this year.I totally understand the mystery about which qb in terms of giving an opponent less chance to properly prepare.....or any player in which the info would help or hinder an opponents ability to prepare........We actually got lots of info on Cts progress....not about whether he would start or not.....So why not just an update on his injury progress ,,,why such a mystery......?

Bring on legalized gambling. Let the NCAA be forced into forcing the coaches to get up and talk, produce 2 deeps and IR reports and add fines. Be fun to see how that would play out in Evanston.

Reactions: willycat
1) Don’t tell your opponents more than they need to know. (2) HIPAA.
HIPPA,,,good and necessary law.....but still do not get that we do not get info that we could that would not relate to specific injuries or privacy issues...such as " We anticipate Solomon Vault rejoining our football team by game 4....." and still do not understand why we do get certain information. We were fairly well informed on CT.s injury and if he was part of a treatment plan and in general how treatment was progressing......

Reactions: willycat
HIPPA,,,good and necessary law.....but still do not get that we do not get info that we could that would not relate to specific injuries or privacy issues...such as " We anticipate Solomon Vault rejoining our football team by game 4....." and still do not understand why we do get certain information. We were fairly well informed on CT.s injury and if he was part of a treatment plan and in general how treatment was progressing......

We were?

I would respect him less. The guys that wore pads don’t pay for his existence. They don’t put his kids through school, food on his expensive table, an expensive car in his garage. It is posts like this that wrongly anger me towards him because I would like to think he is smarter than banking his respect on the people that don’t cause him to get paid and only care about those that played the game. Screw those type of people.
His post was opinion and/or speculation. Nowhere have I ever heard Fitz utter something along the lines of disrespect BECAUSE the reporter didn’t strap it on. I might be too old to remember who Teddy, Skip, and Mr. Cat suited up for. He gets snarky at questions that are designed to get game information that MAY give the opponent an edge in game planning.

He wasn’t even bad. This much to do about nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT