ADVERTISEMENT

21 to 3 at the half in Rose Bowl - where did we see similar number before?

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Will be interesting to see if that draws mention during the halftime reporting coming up.

There's still a lot of time left, but watching Washington it's hard to believe they were champion of the Pac12. That conference is usually built on speed, and these guys are plodders. Gaskin seems to be the only guy with wheels on their offense. And maybe someone is hurt or I'm missing something, but their receivers don't look any faster than Northwestern's. Browning, their heralded QB, doesn't look as good as Clayton.

There's still a lot of time left, but watching Washington it's hard to believe they were champion of the Pac12. That conference is usually built on speed, and these guys are plodders. Gaskin seems to be the only guy with wheels on their offense. And maybe someone is hurt or I'm missing something, but their receivers don't look any faster than Northwestern's. Browning, their heralded QB, doesn't look as good as Clayton.
The Pac-12 was bad this year. UW are really a somewhat more talented NU: very solid defense, well coached, grind you down on offense. I agree that Clayton looks better than Browning. Washington's WR's don't seem to be as good as NU's. NU would have won the Pac-12 this year.

They played much better late and put up an effort to be sure at the end, so kudos. Still, the margin was large enough and the results late enough that the game was never really in any doubt.

They played much better late and put up an effort to be sure at the end, so kudos. Still, the margin was large enough and the results late enough that the game was never really in any doubt.
I disagree. If UW converts the 2 point attempt, then they had plenty of time to play for the FG to tie. And all the momentum was with them. They played lights out down the stretch. That one handed catch was impressive.

College kids. Heck, it actually was 28-3 with 12-something left. Like Alabama the other night, OSU got the big lead and lost their edge.
Their clock management down the stretch sucked. Got to wonder.. I see OSU having some issues in the next couple years

Their clock management down the stretch sucked. Got to wonder.. I see OSU having some issues in the next couple years
Were have I heard that before will be Haskins back maybe next year they are leading for fields PLAYERS ARE STOCKED ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL And Day can coach.

Were have I heard that before will be Haskins back maybe next year they are leading for fields PLAYERS ARE STOCKED ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL And Day can coach.
This can't be a legit fan, can it? I would say it was, perhaps, someone from another country who isn't a native English speaker, but I can't get this site to work overseas easily, so probably not

This can't be a legit fan, can it? I would say it was, perhaps, someone from another country who isn't a native English speaker, but I can't get this site to work overseas easily, so probably not
That has to be one of our guys mocking. Evanston, maybe.
Very funny.
Go Cats!

Were have I heard that before will be Haskins back maybe next year they are And Day can coach.
Did you have your fun?.Every year we hear the same thing about Ohio State ,going to have trouble ,Do you have any ideal how many young players played this year for OSU,how many redshirts sitting and waiting to play,And looks like when Haskins leaves Fields will be here..Still have a stable of Quarterbacks on hand ,top recruits every year and more coming in,And will not miss a beat with Day. If he would of not got the OSU job would of got one of top jobs .You won your bowl game go enjoy it. OSU is the bell cow of the Big Ten and will be for along time

Did you have your fun?.Every year we hear the same thing about Ohio State ,going to have trouble ,Do you have any ideal how many young players played this year for OSU,how many redshirts sitting and waiting to play,And looks like when Haskins leaves Fields will be here..Still have a stable of Quarterbacks on hand ,top recruits every year and more coming in,And will not miss a beat with Day. If he would of not got the OSU job would of got one of top jobs .You won your bowl game go enjoy it. OSU is the bell cow of the Big Ten and will be for along time
Thanks for stopping by.

Reactions: NUCat320
Nice to see a troll like this. In reality, I think 2019 may be a transition year for the B1G as the center of power moves from the East to the West.

The Cats, Wisconsin, and Iowa will all be solid, and Nebraska will continue its second half improvement to also contend. Purdue will be explosive, with the ability to beat anyone in conference, and Minnesota will be tough at home. Even the hapless Illini will improve a little with their new recruits.

On the other side, OSU will be stocked but transitional, Franklin will still be slick but retain his inability to manage games, and a short fuse will be burning under Harbaugh’s rear end as he stubbornly tries to impose his imagination on players who cannot make that imagination a reality.

Michigan State’s slow decline under D’Antonio will continue (6 points against Oregon?), Maryland will take 3 years to recover from scandal, Indiana will still be looking for a Bobby Knight type coach for football and Rutgers will suffer the curse of being the state university flagship of New Jersey.

This was a transition year for the B1G. The next several will be interesting, and I think the Cats will be in the middle of a very good trend.

This guy can’t be real. Has to be someone intentionally trying to make OSU fans look like Dunces. I couldn’t have got into NU, but I feel like Hemingway next to this guy.

Reactions: phatcat
This guy can’t be real. Has to be someone intentionally trying to make OSU fans look like Dunces. I couldn’t have got into NU, but I feel like Hemingway next to this guy.
Oh that hurt enjoy your second class progress until OSU owns you guys again next year

Liquored up or Ohio State educated? I'm guessing even a Buckeye student would of (sic) had an ideal (sic) where to put the spaces and the punctuation, but I'm not sure.

Northwestern is nothing. Can’t beat a good team If was playing a really good team like Ohio State. Just cause you can add fractions don’t mean your players can are as good and can win championships and can get into the NFL!!!

Reactions: BFDCat and NJCat
I'm finding myself rooting for OSU more lately, over Ped State, Sex Crime U (MSU) or Hairball. Or any $EC team.

It's really hard to root for any other program than NU anymore. We aren't perfect, but Fitz tries to do it the right way, not just paying lip service to non-football matters such as graduation rates and helping players succeed in life after football. Sure we get our share of kids who get into trouble, but there's no systematic coverup or flat out cheating that happens like there is in most of the major college programs.

It's really hard to root for any other program than NU anymore. We aren't perfect, but Fitz tries to do it the right way, not just paying lip service to non-football matters such as graduation rates and helping players succeed in life after football. Sure we get our share of kids who get into trouble, but there's no systematic coverup or flat out cheating that happens like there is in most of the major college programs.
Completely agree. I feel arrogant saying or writing it, but it is the type of team I want to follow. I feel like it is a holier than thou but I'm pretty sure these are areas where we simply are better than others

The assumption would be there is another QB that produce like Haskins - He threw for 50 TD's this year. If the next man up throws for 30 TD's - that would be great - but still 20 less and thus a step back in scoring.

Next, Ryan Day can coach. The question is he as good as Urban Meyer? Simply NO ! There are not coaches that can go 83 - 9 growing on trees. Urban may get blasted for everything else - but he wins. Nobody, coaching behind him will be equal or better.

Interestingly enough Urban wasn't fired. But, every other coach was Woody Hayes and Jim Tressel - Here he may have retired a year early - but it is far better then retiring a year too late.

ND will have an opening in 2021 if not 2020 - Look for Urban to be available for consideration

Liquored up or Ohio State educated? I'm guessing even a Buckeye student would of (sic) had an ideal (sic) where to put the spaces and the punctuation, but I'm not sure.
YAWN! Oh that hurts .Enjoy your second tier football team.Enjoy the beat down OSU is going to give you at home next year

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT