ADVERTISEMENT

A Few Game Thoughts

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Thanks to Uber for hosting Little Hungry and I for the last bash at Dyche. I took my last piss in the small bathroom outside section 230 after the third quarter. I won't miss that bathroom.

After watching Ryan Browne, a freshman, give us fits with his running, I think we might have been better off facing Hudson Card. I thought Browne's runs kept our defense off balance much of the day. It's the main reason we gave up 443 total yards.

We saw what happened, though, when the field got really short and the run defense had a lot less space to worry about. Kudos to the defense for locking down. We pitched a shutout for the first 41 minutes thanks to some great sequences by the defense (and PU mistakes).

I think the biggest play may have Hollis hawking down Tyrone Tracy on that long run late in Q4. That forced PU to burn another 2 minutes before they finally punched it in. They got the ball back with 1:59 and no timeouts left.

PU has two good DEs who caused a lot of trouble. I was hoping we would see more screens and jet action against them. Bryant was uncharacteristically slow in getting the ball out of several of those sacks. And he telegraphed that throw to Kirtz on the play action that led to the late pick.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News