ADVERTISEMENT

A healthy TJ should be a substantial improvement

Actually Peyton Ramsey has the most playing experience. TJ's experience with the McCall offense is of no value now that Jake is at NU.

Good point Peyton has the most game experience, which is big. Of course his IU schematic experience may be of limited value, much like TJ's with McCall. That said, just practice, reps, seasons of learning all can matter. I think TJ is a smart guy and competitor from everything I've read and seen so hoping he can raise the competition level and raise our floor at QB, at minimum. My money is on Ramsey since he is the only proven effective big ten QB, but the Covid situation may impact his getting up to speed.

Obviously, Green is going to be the starter. HJ has a skillset but he couldnt beat out Marty or an awful Smith. Sorta reminds me of 4 star Tony Stauss. All you social media guys annointed Stauss as our savior but he couldnt bring it on Saturdays. Not saying HJ will end up like Stauss but he is 1 or 2 years away. Marty showed that he is a leader so my guess is that he backs up Green.

Green is a 6th year guy, that is a huge benefit to Fitz. Green has been around long enough to get the job done.
If he was healthy we could have won 7 or 8 games last year.

6th-year guy in a new offense. Age and maturity certainly give him an edge, but everyone gets a new playbook.

Last edited:
I am praying for a season this year, I think we could be really good.

This is the most superficial thing I worry about. I come to this site every day and read our good news (or at least good speculation) about our football and basketball teams, but deep down I think we're not going to see Peyton Ramsey or Ty Berry in 2020. I want to be wrong, both because I love those teams and because I want our world to be able to get over this soon.

It was around. I distinctly recall making the questionable ethical decision to out Stauss's mom because she had moved beyond hyping Tony to bashing Basanez online. "You don't send a boy to do a man's job" was the gist of it.

Wow, I remember that. It was after Basanez broke his leg wasn’t it? I think that was the Tribune site or the Chris Pool site, right? Very strange.

Also remember when Stauss announced his transfer, his saying something to the paper about the reason being the talent we had at the position and him wanting to play, and thinking it was surprisingly classy considering the very limited parental response we had seen.

Wow, I remember that. It was after Basanez broke his leg wasn’t it? I think that was the Tribune site or the Chris Pool site, right? Very strange.

Also remember when Stauss announced his transfer, his saying something to the paper about the reason being the talent we had at the position and him wanting to play, and thinking it was surprisingly classy considering the very limited parental response we had seen.
Yes, it was. She essentially was saying what else can you expect than for BB to break his leg when he's only a child in a man's game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT