ADVERTISEMENT

A win. But Thorson

T_Levine

May 26, 2010
has to right himself. Has to look off receivers Has to go through progressions.

Considering that he really hasn’t fixed the issue at this point, his QB coach in the NFL will have to find a way.
I think that is right. I think he has so many good things that an NFL team will definitely draft him. But he is not a first year starter for anyone. He will need to be developed. But if he can improve on throwing the ball sooner and anticipating his WRs better, he could be really good.

Good discussion and accurate. In four years he’s developed touch to go with his cannon. But the rest has not improved much.

Reactions: ricko654321
He’s 12-1 in his last 13 conference games!

That’s great, but he looks like an average qb overall this season. Knee may or may not have anything to do with it. But he is not an upper echelon qb and not ready to be a top half of nfl backup right now.

He definitely DID NOT look like an average quarterback against Michigan State, which turned out to be the turnaround game of the season! You'll notice their defense held Purdue to 13 points today and Arizona State which put up 38 at USC today scored only 16 against them. Thorson made some great throws against them. Wasn't bad at the end of the Nebraska game either.

Reactions: mikewebb68
That’s great, but he looks like an average qb overall this season. Knee may or may not have anything to do with it. But he is not an upper echelon qb and not ready to be a top half of nfl backup right now.

Here's a guy who just a few weeks ago they were keeping out of many plays in the game because of his still-not-ready knee, so I'm willing to ascribe some of his mental mistakes to rustiness. But he's getting better footing each week, and it's hopefully a continued upward growth curve. Meanwhile, his scramble run into the end zone for the TD was a thing of beauty.

Today was the first day in my opinion where CT looked comfortable running.

That TD run and the 27 yard run were runs where he took off and looked comfortable going downfield.

I think that should give him confidence the rest of the way. Also having Bowser to take 2 dozen rush attempts should help take weight off him.

Reactions: TerraCat
Today was the first day in my opinion where CT looked comfortable running.

That TD run and the 27 yard run were runs where he took off and looked comfortable going downfield.

I think that should give him confidence the rest of the way. Also having Bowser to take 2 dozen rush attempts should help take weight off him.
Future teams will have to think about that scramble for a TD all season now.

I agree with most if not all the statements. But he has all the physical tools to be better than good. To be fantastic.

He still stares down receivers
He still holds the ball too long
He still doesn’t go through all his progressions let alone fast enough
While better, he still throws off his back foot
And some running plays that literally seem to go to the wrong side, I wonder if C.T. should have seen the d alignment and audibled.

I agree with most if not all the statements. But he has all the physical tools to be better than good. To be fantastic.

And some running plays that literally seem to go to the wrong side, I wonder if C.T. should have seen the d alignment and audibled.

“T_Levine the QB Whisperer” - who knew?

Not without his problems but still has big upside this season. Opening series reeked like few I've ever seen and he should be beyond that level of performance.

Last edited:
Not without his problems but still has big upside this season. Opening series reeked like few I've ever seen and he should be beyond that level of performance.
I'm willing to assume that even 5th year seniors are a little nervous/amped up at the start of a big game. Though frustrated at the time, in hindsight, I can give him a pass for that. A little too much juice on the first throw and a heightened sense of what's possible on the second causing him to force a throw into traffic. Sounds like he hadn't settled down yet.

Does it matter if he does not use them?

The last

The last interception was on the coaching staff. How in the hell do you throw in that, situation ?
Yeah Fitz mentioned that was a miscommunication.

That play call was never supposed to happen. You always run on 1st and 2nd downs when up 3 scores with under 10 minutes left. There's virtually no exception to that.

The last

The last interception was on the coaching staff. How in the hell do you throw in that, situation ?
Sorry but he threw it. You can question the coaching staff on why they called for a pass but he is on the hook for throwing into the hands of the defender.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT