ADVERTISEMENT

All the whiner/hypocrites around here complaining about parking

Relax. Message received. We're out of here. So long, and happy trails, to you!

Holy spit SciCat you have no idea who you have just offended.

The pissed off people are the biggest fans of NU football in the world. I hope they will take a chill pill and not abandon the program, but I sure would not blame them. I do hope they reconsider.

It seems to me that "the biggest fans of NU in the world" are more interested in tailgating in the West Lot than going to the football games and supporting the team. Losing a west lot parking pass for a year is not the end of the world. They can pay $600 next year and get back into the west lot. Until then, there are plenty of other places to tailgate and park within a half mile of the stadium. Seems to me they've lost sight of their priorities because of a perceived slight by the athletic department, so now they're going to take it out on the team.

Last edited:
My favorites are those complaining about fans of the visiting teams that made a larger financial contribution for a parking spot than they we're willing to make. Curious as a cat if those complainers ever jingled their keys at the visitors and joined in on the old student section favorite "That's all right, that's okay, you'll all work for us someday" chant.

Reactions: Fitz51
It seems to me that "the biggest fans of NU in the world" are more interested in tailgating in the West Lot than going to the football games and supporting the team. Losing a west lot parking pass for a year is not the end of the world. They can pay $600 next year and get back into the west lot. Until then, there are plenty of other places to tailgate and park within a half mile of the stadium. Seems to me they've lost sight of their priorities because of a perceived slight by the athletic department, so now they're going to take it out on the team.
I sort of understand it. They are fans of the team but also the experience. That said, were I to lose my pass, I'd still be out there cheering for the boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT