ADVERTISEMENT

Another heartbreaking loss for NU

"The atmosphere was worth $110 million."

That was the loudest NU-friendly December home crowd that I can remember. Even without our students it was rocking. My son, who just came in from California for the holidays, remarked that the old Welsh-Ryan never sounded (or looked!) this good.

Major kudos also to the Carl Sandburg HS pep band. They filled in enthusiastically for ours, and hopefully will be called upon in the future. Gotta keep using that Fitz-Sandburg connection.

Reactions: lou v
A note: So, at a very crucial point in the second half, the place was rocking, but I looked over at Fitz and he was standing, pumped and raising his arms as if to tell all of the folks to his left in the Wilson Club to get up. Well, none of them did, at least from the 12th row back. The fact remains, and i'm not joking, most of them simply have old knees and it's like pulling teeth to get them to get up just for a short bit. Once they plop in their seats, they are sitting until they go back to get their coats. And I also suspect that they don't kneel in any kneeler if they go to church on sundays. Nothing against them, it's simply too uncomfortable for many of them to get up.

A note: So, at a very crucial point in the second half, the place was rocking, but I looked over at Fitz and he was standing, pumped and raising his arms as if to tell all of the folks to his left in the Wilson Club to get up. Well, none of them did, at least from the 12th row back. The fact remains, and i'm not joking, most of them simply have old knees and it's like pulling teeth to get them to get up just for a short bit. Once they plop in their seats, they are sitting until they go back to get their coats. And I also suspect that they don't kneel in any kneeler if they go to church on sundays. Nothing against them, it's simply too uncomfortable for many of them to get up.

C'mon Turk, if there's anyone who can afford new knees, it's the Wilson Clubbers.

Reactions: NUMBfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT