ADVERTISEMENT

Benson transferring? Whoa!

Here's Barret's tweet: "I am extremely thankful for my time at Northwestern. I will forever cherish the people I've met, the places I've been, and the memories I've made here as a Wildcat. ... I'm in a position where I will be graduating early and begin to explore other options to finish out my career. I will always be a Wildcat."

Reactions: KnottSlim
Just saw it on Twitter. Holy cow.

Yup, just found it. He is graduating early. No way he wouldn’t be used. Unknown true frosh and RS frosh is all that’s left. Unless to play yet another player out of position in Nance. Benson was expected to be the starter.

So all you that called me chicken little and hater and such, what are you thinking now? Suspect it will be pretty quiet around here.

Down to nine schollie players and hoping no more shoes left to fall. (Turner or a decommit)

While Rap, Ash and Falzon make plenty of sense and do not concern me much, this one is a little different.

The quality of the player transferring is secondary to the fact that all these players are transferring within a short period of time. This wouldn’t be happening to this degree if all was peaches and cream inside the program.

Is anyone trying to get an interview with Collins or Phillips? Would like some reassurance that this is proceeding according to some semblance of a plan. Starting to look like rats off the Titanic.
Would certainly expect lots of questions for CC and Dr. Phillips. Lou?

Here's Barret's tweet: "I am extremely thankful for my time at Northwestern. I will forever cherish the people I've met, the places I've been, and the memories I've made here as a Wildcat. ... I'm in a position where I will be graduating early and begin to explore other options to finish out my career. I will always be a Wildcat."
Wow! Cleaning house! I like Benson. Not sure the administrator is going to be happy about this! What's up fellas?

Just saw it on Twitter. Holy cow.

Okay, boys. It's officially time to panic. Will the last basketball player leaving Evanston please turn off the lights?

It's funny: all the tweets look the same. It's like NU's basketball office has a template for transfers. Leaving us? Here use this to tweet it out.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE
DoeDoit concern anyone that 3 of these players played for the same high profile AAU program? Im not saying just saying.

Little shocked on this one since there was going to be playing time available for him. Although maybe he prefers not to foul out of 90% of our games next season.

Having said that, he is graduating early so maybe he wants to play his final season at a level where he can be more successful. Even with more minutes at NU he was going to contribute little other than being a warm big body on the floor.

Yup, just found it. He is graduating early. No way he wouldn’t be used. Unknown true frosh and RS frosh is all that’s left. Unless to play yet another player out of position in Nance. Benson was expected to be the starter.

So all you that called me chicken little and hater and such, what are you thinking now? Suspect it will be pretty quiet around here.

Down to nine schollie players and hoping no more shoes left to fall. (Turner or a decommit)

Living your best life right now, aren’t you?

Never miss an opportunity to shit on a program of which you are ostensibly a fan.

This certainly begs the question when there is smoke there must be fire. Jeez

Reactions: IGNORE
Okay, boys. It's officially time to panic. Will the last basketball player leaving Evanston please turn off the lights?

It's funny: all the tweets look the same. It's like NU's basketball office has a template for transfers. Leaving us? Here use this to tweet it out.

What’s up Lou? Something is going on? We won’t be able to clear admissions with any news guys coming on this quickly? Will we?

Hopefully this means we see Nance as the 5 in some more modern small ball lineups. We could play 5 shooters on offense and space the floor much better, as well as trying to use Nance as a dunker more in the half-court and maximize his athleticism and potential. On D, we would have the ability to be more versatile and switch around the perimeter way easier.

No change. It's a happy day for you to see another player transfer and support your Collins thesis.

Sure. Big win for me. That’s just dumb. Sorry you were one of those not perceptive enough to see the smoke.

The Inside NU twitter account says Collins is trying to convince a 2020 recruit to reclassify, anyone have any idea?

I'd be interested to know if there's a difference between Collins' end of season meetings and other programs. From very far away and not knowing anything, this seems to be a strong point of demarcation for the program.

Living your best life right now, aren’t you?

Never miss an opportunity to shit on a program of which you are ostensibly a fan.

No, more like shit on a bunch of idiots that were railing on me. In that sense, there is satisfaction. Great satisfaction. And knowing it’s really eating a few of you makes this bad day better.

Good things followed when Newnan, Lepore, and Deren all transferred the same spring, right? Right?

Reactions: ubercat
No, more like shit on a bunch of idiots that were railing on me. In that sense, there is satisfaction. Great satisfaction. And knowing it’s really eating a few of you makes this bad day better.

Kinda like when you all won’t welcome a new commit solely because I started the thread. Real big fans and supporters of the team and athletes, or hypocrites, you are.

Little shocked on this one since there was going to be playing time available for him. Although maybe he prefers not to foul out of 90% of our games next season.

Having said that, he is graduating early so maybe he wants to play his final season at a level where he can be more successful. Even with more minutes at NU he was going to contribute little other than being a warm big body on the floor.

At this point you are fooling yourself if you think all these exits are solely about playing time.

I have no idea but the players are obviously very unhappy about how the program is being run and/or how they are being treated.
I

It hurts our program when there are multiple transfers like this. Having said that, none of these 3 were even average big ten players. The problem starts with Collins in his failure to recruit better, to a Big Ten type of player. No upper level Big team wanted any of these guys. And again while Fitz can take 3 stars and make them better, Collins shows no ability to develop.

I've mentioned this before on the BB forum and Corbi has said the same. It seems since Pat Baldwin has left, the program just isn't the same. Everyone talked about how The Allstate Arena was a big reason for last year's downturn and that was part of it, but IMHO, there was a huge disconnect last year within the team members and the manner which they were coached. While Pat is having a tough time at UW-Milwaukee, he bleeds Purple, much like Fitz. He is an excellent Coach and Recruiter, not a Slick Talker, a Genuine Gentleman. Privately I know, have known and dealt with our staff, other than Coach Dildy personally and on a professional basis in years past. My only comment is, I would much rather have Pat as my son's HC and representing NU. I also posted a couple weeks back before the transfers hit, how much this team reminded me of the Bill Foster transfer exodus, which saw Walters, Holmes, Nixon and Pedersen leave the program. I hope Dr. Phillips steps in and rights the ship soon.

So... you’re a douchebag internet troll. Got it.

Reactions: mikewebb68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT