ADVERTISEMENT

BIG job for Jason Wright

Great hire by Washington. Jason is in a unique spot in history, not only as the first black president of a NFL team, but also at a key transition point for a troubled franchise. Congrats and looking to see great things from him!

Impressive.

He's going to be the best President in D.C. in the coming year, bar none.
I always thought he’d be President someday... I just didn’t think it’d be so soon!

Congratulations to Jason! We should all be very proud of him and how he represents NU. Here’s the ESPN write-up:

Congratulations to Jason! They are lucky to have him.

Any chance he is lurking on WR?

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaskawildkat
He takes over the president’s role for the team to be named later. I’ve suggested to my brother who lives in D.C. that they name themselves the Washington Lobbyists, since it connotes a team that always wins.

He takes over the president’s role for the team to be named later. I’ve suggested to my brother who lives in D.C. that they name themselves the Washington Lobbyists, since it connotes a team that always wins.

I heard Wright half jokingly mentioned the Redtails instead of the Redskins. I kind of like it.

Wildcats !

Reactions: Alan Smithee
Love seeing the interviews with Jason and the incredibly positive reception his hiring is getting all over the place. Good day for Jason and good day for Northwestern football.

PS There was a remake of the film called something like Red Tails. It is nowhere near as good as the Tuskegee Airmen.

I would certainly guess that it is a reference to the famous, highly decorated, all black fighter plane squadron in World War II. Hasn’t everyone seen the Tuskegee airmen!

Yes, i was aware of the reference and that is why I liked it. Going from Redskins to Redtails would be an improvement. I am not sure it has broad appeal with their fan base but in my opinion it is a very worthy and viable option.

Reactions: FloridAlum
Yes, i was aware of the reference and that is why I liked it. Going from Redskins to Redtails would be an improvement. I am not sure it has broad appeal with their fan base but in my opinion it is a very worthy and viable option.
While I still stand by my suggestion of th Lobbyists, if they want to retain the “Red” in their name, the Redtails are a good choice. Since they are in Washington, though, either the Red Inks or the Red Handeds would be good.

Reactions: corbi296
The runner up for the Washington Wizards back in the day was the Washington Press. I thought that was a better option then and is a pretty good option for WFT here. Although, first choice is Redtails. Pretty special affiliation.

Reactions: rmndcat
Here’s an incredible article about Jason turning down a couple of million to go back to school. His coaches and teammates like Larry Fitzgerald loved him... and he spent only $12K on his wedding despite making $4.5M as a player. Plus he and his wife hosted a homeless woman to get her back on her feet.

https://www.africanamerica.org/topi...p-nfl-contract-to-attend-business-school?nc=1

And @lou v left him of the 25 Year Poll for RBs! Yikes.

I’d stay away with anything red in the name to avoid any lingering jersey’s of old. Change the color scheme.

I’d stay away with anything red in the name to avoid any lingering jersey’s of old. Change the color scheme.

In that case, the Washington Swamp Things. Colors are green and black.

Swamp_thing_09_1974.jpg

Love seeing the interviews with Jason and the incredibly positive reception his hiring is getting all over the place. Good day for Jason and good day for Northwestern football.
Agree , yet both Chicago papers failed to mention his time at NU in their articles.

Both Chicago papers did mention that Jason was a former NU running back but they ran the same AP story. It would nice if at least one of the papers (maybe Teddy G from the Trib ?) ran a more personalized story/interview. Regardless this is great publicity for the university and the football program

Last edited:
Jason Wright wrote an incredibly awesome article for his Firm recounting his experience meeting John Lewis after his recent passing:

He met John lewis after he passed? If he has those type of abilities, i can certainly see why he got the job!

Reactions: DaCat
Jason has inherited lots of problems:
1. Despised Owner
2. Deteriorating Fan Base
3. Awful Stadium in an " inaccessible location"
4, Legal Storm
5. Poor NFL Talent

By the way, I remember hearing Jason singing a beautiful version of “His Eye is on the Sparrow” at Rashidi Wheeler’s memorial service. I remember thinking “is there anything he can’t do?”

I’m sure there is, but he seems to be getting along ok anyway.

Reactions: NUCat320 and DaCat
Here is a fascinating interview with Jason....

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
Here is a fascinating interview with Jason....

Great interview. Definitely worth a listen even if you're not a WFT fan, or even a football fan in general.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT