ADVERTISEMENT

Big news- Louis A coming home

Just dreaming but could Louis take over for Hank in a few years? Does he have those kind of skills and instincts?

Come on, isn't the U of C. a good school and after all she is from Chicago. Just continuing the hope, along with others to send him packing. Also need to think clean thoughts or the board police will get pissed.

Yeah...it’s overkill now. We get it...you don’t like Coach Cushing. Plenty of posters are dissatisfied with our OL play. No need to be a dick about it every chance you get. You’re dangerously close to xyzbob level of poster.

I’m just ecstatic that we have these guys in the fold. It’s great that they are alums who were outstanding players, but more importantly they appear to be talented coaches who are rising through the ranks.

Willy, I really don't know what's happened to you, but I regret it.
Don't worry abut me I just don't see everything through purple tinted glasses. There are quite a few folks on this board who you should worry about then me.

Guess I'll just have a cold one and watch everyone everyone go off and support the likes GCG and Coral, who I guess like the play of the OL since Cushing came aboard,

This has NOTHING to do with GCG or Coral, and whether they like the OL play. You brought in the spouse of a brand new hire as you tried to trash a coach for the thousandth time. You post was waayyy out of line.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
This is huge. Major props to Fitz and Philips in getting this done. These two hires will be a boon for recruiting. Two incredible representatives of NU out on the recruiting trail. Don’t underestimate the impact LA and TM will have in recruits’ living rooms. Hard to find two better representatives of Northwestern and everything the program/degree can offer. I’m thrilled!
I'm glad to see the switch to Recruiting Coordinator. I know we disagree, but I think we underperformed in recruiting this year. I don't say that as a knock, but I simply think our product {education, facilities, coaching staff, etc} demand a more excellent result. It appears that Fitz wanted to go in a different direction as well to enhance recruiting. Fitz made a path for his former players as well, which is what Barnett did for him. It's nice to see NU blood in the coaching staff as well. I wonder when he gets started? Last year we started piling up recruits in the springtime.

I'm glad to see the switch to Recruiting Coordinator. I know we disagree, but I think we underperformed in recruiting this year. I don't say that as a knock, but I simply think our product {education, facilities, coaching staff, etc} demand a more excellent result. It appears that Fitz wanted to go in a different direction as well to enhance recruiting. Fitz made a path for his former players as well, which is what Barnett did for him. It's nice to see NU blood in the coaching staff as well. I wonder when he gets started? Last year we started piling up recruits in the springtime.

The Recruiting Coordinator title doesn’t quite mean what it used to. It’s typically the coach on staff who’s the best recruiter, but he’s not usually doing a lot of “coordinating” as it were. That’s largely handled by the full-time personnel office, which didn’t really exist even ten years ago.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Guess I'll just have a cold one and watch everyone everyone go off and support the likes GCG and Coral, who I guess like the play of the OL since Cushing came aboard,

You know, it’s possible to be a fan while recognizing the product is imperfect, without being so consistently negative that it seems you actually enjoy our team’s failures.

Slightly different. Brown had all DBs and no ST duties.
At least for a while, Hankwitz was listed as handling the safeties as well as DC duties, although his 2017 bio does not say that. I wonder whether responsibility for safeties moved around over time.

At least for a while, Hankwitz was listed as handling the safeties as well as DC duties, although his 2017 bio does not say that. I wonder whether responsibility for safeties moved around over time.

I understand that’s how it was listed, but that’s not how practices and meetings actually worked.

Man those clips were unreal. I forgot how Ayeni hits like a truck. Haven't seen hits like that from our DB in years. Wouldn't have minded at all for him to go back to coaching DBs if he could get them to hit like that.
Very interesting. Definitely lots of powerful hits. It's kind of funny though, you can see he's more of a converted RB, in most of those he doesn't even wrap up really, he just plows into the guy and tries to (usually successfully) just knock them down through sheer force of contact. While I'm not a coach here, I'm not sure that's the best tackling technique. Certainly a heck of a hitter though. And he'll be coaching RB anyways for us, glad to have him on board!

This has NOTHING to do with GCG or Coral, and whether they like the OL play. You brought in the spouse of a brand new hire as you tried to trash a coach for the thousandth time. You post was waayyy out of line.
Lighten up Francis. If you think Cushing shouldn't be criticized and replaced then you like mediocre football.

Reactions: IGNORE2
You know, it’s possible to be a fan while recognizing the product is imperfect, without being so consistently negative that it seems you actually enjoy our team’s failures.
Please. I've been cheering on Wildcat victories for longer then you have likely been born.

Reactions: IGNORE2
So is McGarigle coaching safeties now? Or is Hank still doing that? What's McGarigle gonna do? I was guessing (wrongly) that Bates was going to take of DB and McGarigle could coach LBs. What's up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT