ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark in the NBA? The Big3 offered her $5M to play!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this year there were a few movies that should have gotten at least an Oscar nomination or two. 3 stand out for me:
  • Saltburn
  • All of Us Strangers
  • Iron Claw

To a lesser extent, another 3:
  • Priscilla
  • Dream Scenario
  • Passages

At the same time I was happy to see a little movie like Past Lives get some love. That s*** was awesome.

I think this year there were a few movies that should have gotten at least an Oscar nomination or two. 3 stand out for me:
  • Saltburn
  • All of Us Strangers
  • Iron Claw

• Priscilla
  • Dream Scenario
  • Passages

At the same time I was happy to see a little movie like Past Lives get some love. That s*** was awesome.
Wait...have we pivoted to Oscar talk? Because I'm there for it!

Didn't catch All of Us Strangers, but it's near the top of my list and will be streaming on Hulu later this week.

Finally caught up with Color Purple this week: eh.

Saltburn was fine, but I definitely liked Promising Young Woman better. Emerald Fennell does make interesting movies, I'll give her that.

• Saltburn
  • All of Us Strangers
  • Iron Claw

• Priscilla
  • Dream Scenario
  • Passages

I have a lot of respect for your free board basketball posts. But please help keep this thread on topic and avoid rant board topics.

Wait...have we pivoted to Oscar talk? Because I'm there for it!

Didn't catch All of Us Strangers, but it's near the top of my list and will be streaming on Hulu later this week.

Finally caught up with Color Purple this week: eh.

Saltburn was fine, but I definitely liked Promising Young Woman better. Emerald Fennell does make interesting movies, I'll give her that.
I think this thread needs to die. It brings out the worst in people: trolling, way too extreme takes, way too much being over the top triggered.

So I thought movies were a better pivot than my upcoming colonoscopy.

Some more good, or at least decent movies for my taste, that got no nods: The Killer, Beau is Afraid, May-December, Cassandro, Blackberry, Air, Ferrari, Fallen Leaves, Bottoms. Oscars sensibility is not exactly my cup of tea anyway and I watch too many movies.

I did like Saltburn a lot. Mixing Downton Abbey with The Talented Mr. Ripley is something I will inject into my veins.

Reactions: SmellyCat
Stupidity. Saying posters that think Clark has no shot playing against top flight men are pushing her to stick to dolls shows your arguments have run out for logical bullet points!
I don't think the comparison is really Clark vs. top flight men considering some of the argument has been that she would stand no chance in Division I in any way. The argument goes well beyond she can't compete against top men's talent all the way down to she couldn't offer any benefit to any team in the entirety of Division I.
That seems ludicrous.

Reactions: CatManTrue
I don't think the comparison is really Clark vs. top flight men considering some of the argument has been that she would stand no chance in Division I in any way. The argument goes well beyond she can't compete against top men's talent all the way down to she couldn't offer any benefit to any team in the entirety of Division I.
That seems ludicrous.
I can't believe this thread got this much traction. Nor do I understand why anybody would want to tarnish Clark's game by introducing the idea of her playing against men. There are undeniable competitive reasons why that's not what she does. Same with Serena Williams or Annika Sorenstam.

I would rather just enjoy Clark in her element because talents like her are so rare..

GOUNUII

That seems ludicrou
I guess we will just end this with an agreement to disagree.

Reactions: No Chores
Lauryn Taylor of Francis Marion University had 34 points and 43 rebounds last night.

She’s probably not ready for NBA, but that’s a helluva line.
I looked her up and she’s only 5’10.

If she were 6’6, she might get her own thread like Caitlin.

From the video posted in the other thread, tho, things were settling down to words and Cardoso came from many feet away to blindside the other player in a pointless attack.

From the video posted in the other thread, tho, things were settling down to words and Cardoso came from many feet away to blindside the other player in a pointless attack.
It definitely looked dirty. Bad look for the other USC there.

Earlier in the game she definitely got her hair pulled badly by Reese in the post so there may have been some dirty hijinks which led to the outburst.

Good luck to her! The women's game can use more superstar performers to draw interest from fans / future players / sponsors, and etc.

MAJOR news!

Ice Cube’s Big3 offered Caitlin $5M to play in the otherwise all male league!

Can we get some hot takes from @chicagocatfan24 , @Hungry Jack , @Purple Pile Driver , or @ubercat ??

I went to a few Big 3 games last summer and hung out with Ice Cube for an hour or so in my office. It’s all NBA burnouts who wouldn’t let her dribble 5 feet if they didn’t want her to. He’s trying to put eyeballs on his product and here’s one way to do so.

Look at the size of the players on this roster (the first I clicked on) and tell me how she’d do?

I’d bet the Harlem globetrotters rostered women too

I went to a few Big 3 games last summer and hung out with Ice Cube for an hour or so in my office. It’s all NBA burnouts who wouldn’t let her dribble 5 feet if they didn’t want her to. He’s trying to put eyeballs on his product and here’s one way to do so.

Look at the size of the players on this roster (the first I clicked on) and tell me how she’d do?

Lynette Woodard?

Well, you should tell Mr. Cube It was a Good Day!

I haven’t thought of Big3 since it launched given the reasons you cited. It was a boring concept… until now.

I went to a Globetrotters game in junior high - it was entertaining but not true basketball.

I hope Clark takes this offer and shoots the lights out! The best player on the roster you shared was Rashard Lewis who is well into his 40s. I doubt he can move much these days (I can’t).

MAJOR news!

Ice Cube’s Big3 offered Caitlin $5M to play in the otherwise all male league!

Can we get some hot takes from @chicagocatfan24 , @Hungry Jack , @Purple Pile Driver , or @ubercat ??

Professional Wrassling. Let Caitlin shoot boys, we need to create abuzz….

I have seen and, back in the day played, 3 on 3 tournaments. In my opinion they are more conducive to a female being competitive playing with males. Open shots abound with the amount of space. The shot clock is 12 seconds and that includes bringing the ball back.

@gocatsgo2003 is proud of you for this post!

But, truthfully, she’d be fine with the NBA ball after practicing with it. I’ve had an NBA ball since I was a kid- the difference in size is nominal.

3 point shooting is more about technique & form than raw strength.
You’re thinking about size in hand and weight; the difference in size is significant when accounting for how much more easily a women’s ball fits into the ring. There’s a lot more “wiggle room” for it to go on.

You’re thinking about size in hand and weight; the difference in size is significant when accounting for how much more easily a women’s ball fits into the ring. There’s a lot more “wiggle room” for it to go on.
Ok, but it’s also easier to aim heavier, denser things - particularly projectiles like balls.

If you pitch a baseball versus a basketball, which will have more accuracy?

With professional coaching and strength training I highly doubt her 3 point percentage would drop that much. If at all.

@gocatsgo2003 is proud of you for this post!

But, truthfully, she’d be fine with the NBA ball after practicing with it. I’ve had an NBA ball since I was a kid- the difference in size is nominal.

3 point shooting is more about technique & form than raw strength.
Publicity stunt involving only 10 games. If the grown up guys really try, there is no hope for Caitlin

Publicity stunt involving only 10 games. If the grown up guys really try, there is no hope for Caitlin
Isn’t that what they said about Amelia Earhart and Marie Curie?

Let her play and get paid!

$5M smackeroos. If I’m her, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT